1995 295TF Top cap removal??

I have a 1995 295TF and evidently have had a crack in he hull for some time now, it started taking on water so i jacked the boat up off the trailer and found a crack, slid it down off the end of the trailer and then opened it up with a dremel. I have been digging out wet rotten wood which i guess is a stringer so instead of grinding the whole length of the boat I'm thinking about removing the top cap, repairing the crack from the inside and replacing the wood.
    My question regarding the top cap removal is it glued together or just screws under the rub rail?
    I will be posting and asking questions in the restoration forum if anyone would like to follow along.
    Thanks,
    Todd Carrico

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Even if you do take the top cap off you still have the floor to remove and that will be a job .It probably has more damage to the structure than that small spot if it’s been leaking for a while.The wood is made by green wood and is a rot free wood .With that said nothing last for ever if it’s been compromised .

3. Member
    Thanks TOC, that was the info I was looking for.
    That gives me something to think about.
    Thanks again,
    Todd

4. Member
    Wondering if anyone would have photos of a charger in the stages being built or disassembled? just wondering how they are put together .