Thread: Network Issues?

Network Issues?

I have a new setup in my boat, helix 10 G4n SI at the console, helix 10 G4n DI at the bow, 24 volt terrova with iPilot link, all connected through a 5 port hub. The bow unit doesn’t see the SI, I get a message that says the side imaging source is lost. I have replaced the Ethernet dongle and extension cable on the bow unit. The hub seems flaky, if I plug the bow unit into some ports on the hub the bow unit doesn’t connect to the terrova even though the console unit does. I have 12+ volts at the bow and hub. What could be wrong? Bad network hub?

2. Member
    Uhh how old is the hub? So you only have 3 things plugged Into the ethernet switch. Change ports around. Ensure your network is showing all units. A standard required statement, ensure all your units have the latest software updates. When all else fails try restoring factory defaults and setup again.

3. Member
    Everything is brand new. I did move ports around to get this far. I think the two Helix units have the latest software. I can try restoring the factory defaults next.

4. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkrum View Post
    Everything is brand new. I did move ports around to get this far. I think the two Helix units have the latest software. I can try restoring the factory defaults next.
    Just because they are brand new doesn't mean they have the latest software. It's quite possible one unit is a version ahead/behind of another.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

5. Member
    If you have a cable long enough, you can bypass the hub and connect the units direct to each other with ethernet. Sometimes with a brand new setup, you may have to recycle power a couple of times for the units to establish the network. Check your network tabs on both units to make sure you're seeing both units and have an IP address showing on the units. Make sure the console unit is working correctly.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

6. Member
    Well today everything worked perfectly! So maybe switching the ports around and then doing a couple of reboots did the trick! I will confirm software versions and IP addresses.

7. Member
    You should be ok from this point forward on the networking and IP address.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

8. Member
    Thanks for the help!