Thread: Help needed

Praying Help needed

Hey everyone! I have a a problem I'm hoping y'all can shed some light on. I have an 87 Ranger 360V with a Mercury Black Max 175 2-stroke on back. She won't start or idle, but she was running before I took her in to have new steering & throttle cables installed. What am I missing? The carbs were purged, the engine has a new fuel filter & the fuel pump screen is clean. The boat has new primer bulb & hoses, along with a fresh on-board filter. She also has several new vacuum lines & new plugs, all of which are throwing spark. Considering I gave $1247.74 to have all the new gear installed, I don't feel like having to cough up more money to have her running again. Wisdom & guidance are deeply appreciated; thank you in advance for all of y'all's help!

2. Member
    enrichner /primer working?????? fuel should flow from outlet port when key is pushed in
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    To my knowledge, yes.

4. Member
    all basics tested engine should start and run , instalation of steering and control cables should not have effected starting if done correctly
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................