Anyone in the St Louis are know of any small lakes

Do any of you all in the St Louis area know of any small public lakes big enough to put a Bass Boat in?
    I live in Sullivan aboit an hour or so west off 44 from STL. And just looking for something closer to home since gas is so dang high right now.
    Thought some of you might know of some.
    If you don't want to post on the forum feel free to PM me.
    Just looking for some place close to take my kids to have some fun on the boat.

2. Member
    None that I know of. Have you tried Council Bluff in Potosi or Bismarck Lake. Those are in the 45min to 1 hour range from Sullivan. They'd be idle only.

3. Member
    I have caught a few in Lincoln Lake in Cuiver River State Park. It's about 55 acres and is TM only but has worked for me a couple times in my bassboat. Not sure it's close enough to save you any gas money.
    MoBob

2020 Z520c Ranger 250 Pro-XS Mercury
    2023 Ford Raptor
    O'Fallon, MO

Port Hudson north off 50 just west of Union.
    Perry County lake, Perryville MO.
    Both are no wake lakes

Peaceful Valley Lake in Owensville is a private lake and you must be a land owner to fish there. I bought a non buildable lot for $500, 10 years ago. It's 177 acres, no horsepower or speed limit. Yearly assessment is like $325 and yearly taxes is $9. There's a free camping area, pool, lake beach, tennis area, and club house. Add all the above and that's a week renting a cabin on any lake. It's close and well worth it to me. I can fish a few hours and be home in time for dinner. The fishing pretty good, not like Lake of the Ozark stringers but it's close and keeps me sharp for the few tourneys I fish a year. I'm on it alt least twice a week.

Port Hudson is close to there as well off 50. The fishing sucks and its TM only.