is it possiblke to Seperate 360 from Ultrex MDI

Hello:

My boat has 4 Gen2 Solix system with two graphs at the bow and two at the dash.
    All four have issues but the 360 is the biggest headache so would like to address it first.
    It locks up all the time and sometimes have to go in and reselect it in the settings menue.
    Every time I power on all the graphs it comes up saying some inputs are not available and wants to reselect a sonar input.
    I always hit cancel but then some units have to be reselected manually.

Right now both the 360 and the Ultrex MDI transducer are input into the same graph via a Y-cable.
    So when you select the transducer for each graph in the network both the Mega360 and MDI show up as the same input.
    I was wondering if it is possible to separate the two and have the Mega 360 go to the top graph and the MDI Xducer to to the bottom graph.

This would enable me to select each transducer seperately...and/or take the 360 unit off the network and see if it runs better independently

I just updated all the graphs this spring.
    But have not done any updates on trolling motor or 360 if that is even possible.

My boat is in storage but I plan to get it out this weekend and clean it up /work on it.

All are shared to all networked units. Just choose the view you want on each display.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    The issue I am having is when I first boot up all the units all the graphs say that a sonar source has been lost and asks if you want to select a new sonar source.
    So I have to click no an all the graphs to continue booting up.

Then sometimes on of the graphs on the bow the 2d transducer has been turned off so I have to go in and turn it back on.
    That coupled with all the times the 360 locks up makes me want to be able to just leave that graph off at times...or cycle power on it without it affecting the other units
    I also had a issue on my console graphs where I was not able to select side imaging transducer on my secondary graph (one without the MSI xducer going into it)

I just did a factory reset on all the graphs and reset all the sonar sources again so will see if that improves performance. (I had already done a software update earlier this year)
    Last edited by Enduro67; 08-12-2022 at 09:01 AM.

Trying turning on just the unit that has the 360/MDI plugged into it. Let it fully load then turn on the other ones. It may or may not help but it did for me. Make sure the ethernet hub has clean power as well. For troubleshooting, run wires across the top of the deck directly to the battery to see if the situation improves.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Member
    And how many ethernet switches do you have?
    And do you have global settings on or off.

Hook the 360 to one graph and the MDI to the other graph?? The Y splitter cable has some limitations on sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduro67 View Post
    Hello:

My boat has 4 Gen2 Solix system with two graphs at the bow and two at the dash.
    All four have issues but the 360 is the biggest headache so would like to address it first.
    It locks up all the time and sometimes have to go in and reselect it in the settings menue.
    Every time I power on all the graphs it comes up saying some inputs are not available and wants to reselect a sonar input.
    I always hit cancel but then some units have to be reselected manually.

Right now both the 360 and the Ultrex MDI transducer are input into the same graph via a Y-cable.
    So when you select the transducer for each graph in the network both the Mega360 and MDI show up as the same input.
    I was wondering if it is possible to separate the two and have the Mega 360 go to the top graph and the MDI Xducer to to the bottom graph.

This would enable me to select each transducer seperately...and/or take the 360 unit off the network and see if it runs better independently

I just updated all the graphs this spring.
    But have not done any updates on trolling motor or 360 if that is even possible.

My boat is in storage but I plan to get it out this weekend and clean it up /work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    Hook the 360 to one graph and the MDI to the other graph?? The Y splitter cable has some limitations on sharing.
    There is no difference in function using the Y cable for both transducers connected to one unit or connecting them to separate units other than creating cross-talk having them connected to separate units.
    Having both transducers connected to one unit via MEGA 360 Y cable pings the sonar piezos in a sequence so it is impossible for DI and MEGA 360 to cross-talk.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

HB support told me if you hooked up 360 and MSI transducer to a Y cable, the SI coming from the MSI transducer doesn't go through; the graph can't display it, and the graph can't share it over the network. The unit can only display SI from the mega 360 pod, and can only share SI from the mega 360 to other units if the mega 360 is deployed.

I haven't verified it, but I have also heard others confirm what HB said. I will be finding out for myself next week when I take my boat out. I was disappointed, because I thought I would be able to hook up mega 360, along with MSI transducer to a Y cable to a Solix G3 bow unit then share it to my Solix G1 console unit. HB said No Can Do.
    Last edited by mossie3; 08-11-2022 at 09:14 AM.