Thread: Fender bolts

Fender bolts

I have a 2012 z518. The fender mounting bolts are loose. I can’t get the nuts off or tighten them up. The bolt spins. I know it has a flush bolt head through the fender. Any ideas to tighten them without taking the step pads off. Thanks

2. Member
    Have someone step on them while you tighten them

3. Member
    Grab the end of the bolt with vice grips and spin the nut with a racheting wrench.

Not sure if there is enough to grab, but I’ll try that. Thanks

5. Member
    If you have room and a Dremel with a cutting wheel you can cut a groove across the domed head of the bolt and use a flat head screwdriver to keep it from spinning.

Buy a can of Kroil penetrating oil and soak the threads of the bolts for a day or two. That stuff can work wonders.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

I have an update on the fender bolts. I didn’t want to remove the rubber step pads. I noticed a friends boat had the rubber pad missing which I could get a better look. The bolt head is like a washer, about 1 1/2 in across. I pushed up on the loose bolt to see where it was located under the pad. Took a 1/8 in drill bit and drilled down through the rubber pad and the edge of the bolt, just starting into the fiberglass fender. Took a nail and put it in the hole. Was just enough to let me tighten the bolt without turning. I put some silicone where I drilled the rubber pad. Fenders tight. Thank you for all the help.