Thread: New bird orderd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New bird orderd

Looks like the fed's had a new rate hike yesterday... i still got 45 day's to wait and keeping my finger's crossed wish i could get locked in

2. Member
    Good luck. I ordered in March and still can’t get a date or a price.

3. Member
    I notice a few dealers starting to have some inventory, i have a price and a date, just look and find the model you have orderd and get a price from them should get you in the ballpark.

4. Member
    I ordered back in March also. I have the price, but we've heard nothing from Phoenix regarding shipment date. 921 Elite

5. Member
    Same here. I’m on week 20 with no firm delivery date.

6. Member
    Maybe I missed something, BUT are people ordering boats without knowing the final price?

7. Member
    Yep, you have a good estimate, but due to supply pricing, it may go up some. Scary times LOL.

8. Member
    In the auto world they will price protect it from day you order it no matter how long it takes to get in. That is crazy they wont lock the price in on a sold order?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjxds View Post
    Maybe I missed something, BUT are people ordering boats without knowing the final price?
    Yep....with interest rates going up constantly. The longer they take to build my boat, the more money theyre costing me.

10. Member
    My dealer said he doesn’t know when they will get my motor. I’m about done with it.

What did you order?

Quote Originally Posted by Bjxds View Post
    I hope not, Some of these post sure seem that way

Quote Originally Posted by spookem View Post
    What did you order?
    Me and Buckeye both ordered 919’s. End of March for me….I was given a “quote” but it will be higher. How much higher. Nobody knows. The boat is supposedly built, but no engines currently.

Quote Originally Posted by spookem View Post
    I hope not, Some of these post sure seem that way
    Why does that seem so crazy? If you wanted a new boat and it was 73k and you order it and price goes up to maybe 76k is that going to make you not buy the boat?

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

15. Member
    why would you order and not know the price?

Quote Originally Posted by ficht158 View Post
    Its taking 15-20 weeks to get a boat made.....Due to inflation and supply chain issues, raw materials are increasing. Trolling motors, outboards, electronics are increasing etc....Because its taking months and months to get it built, the pricing is TBD until it is put together. Its either that.....or you can pay an astronomical price for a used boat if you like. This is the world we live in now.......again, boats are sold before they make it to the dealer and there are so many orders for boats its taking 20 weeks and they cant produce engines fast enough.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkstringz View Post
    Its taking 15-20 weeks to get a boat made.....Due to inflation and supply chain issues, raw materials are increasing. Trolling motors, outboards, electronics are increasing etc....Because its taking months and months to get it built, the pricing is TBD until it is put together. Its either that.....or you can pay an astronomical price for a used boat if you like. This is the world we live in now.......again, boats are sold before they make it to the dealer and there are so many orders for boats its taking 20 weeks and they cant produce engines fast enough.
    I agree w/ everything you stated, but, you have to ask yourself, how can some manufactures (ie Nitro, Vexus, etc.) give you a price and advertise that price, yet Phoenix can't. After all, a mercury, humminbird, minn kota on a Nitro/vexus is the same unit on Phoenix. Is their fiberglass, wiring, pumps really that much better or more expensive.

Now, I understand maybe Nitro, but, Vexus build a damn nice boat and the materials they use IMHO are fantastic.

I think it has more to do w/ market demand, not supply chain issues.

Let see how much the market will bear. Again, just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnee View Post
    I agree w/ everything you stated, but, you have to ask yourself, how can some manufactures (ie Nitro, Vexus, etc.) give you a price and advertise that price, yet Phoenix can't. After all, a mercury, humminbird, minn kota on a Nitro/vexus is the same unit on Phoenix. Is their fiberglass, wiring, pumps really that much better or more expensive.

Now, I understand maybe Nitro, but, Vexus build a damn nice boat and the materials they use IMHO are fantastic.

I think it has more to do w/ market demand, not supply chain issues.

Let see how much the market will bear. Again, just my opinion.
    I agree with you as well. Its ridiculous. Its my first phoenix and have to say im not impressed with the transparency. With that said, nobody made me order it. Its what I wanted and I took that risk of not knowing. Everything price wise has gone crazy....Things are increasing. Shipping the boat to the dealer is increasing....Lowrance increased prices. Power pole increased prices. Its hard to say the boat will be X amount, 20 weeks from now.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ficht158 View Post
    Before the 2023 pricing came out dealers should've been quoting and ordering with an automatic 3-4% increase from 2022 pricing. If the fluctuation of another 3-4% is stopping you from ordering when you're already spending $80K-$90K on a new boat then you're not in a position financially to be ordering a new boat.

20. Member
    My 919 was delivered to the dealer yesterday. It was 21 weeks total. It was worth the wait as it is beautiful. The next week while it gets rigged will be the longest week of the year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast