Transducers for boat

What transducers do you guys use for when your at faster speeds? My 3in1 will start to lose depth reading and sonar above 25mph. I know I need to adjust it. When do you start to lose depth and sonar with your 3in1? I have lowrance live units.

I believe I saw some thru hull transducer that you mount inside the hull somewhere? Would like to avoid drilling any holes. For my next boat I’d like to mount the 3in1 on a jackplate mount and run a thru hull if possible.

2. Member
    Screenshot_20220727-182045_Chrome.jpg

I use this one epoxied to hull in the bilge. Gives me depth on plane and water temp everywhere else.

3. Member
    ^^this is the correct one to mount in a bilge for shooting through the fiberglass hull. Although it would not work for a Live unit without an adaptor. A Live would take the same type but with a black 9 pin connector.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

4. Member
    These two videos should help:

ciao,
    Marc

5. Member
    No matter what transducer your using (Transom Mount) proper tuning is key to achieving high speed readings! Vertical as well as angle adjustments are needed to be able to fine tune. There are some boats that just will not allow high speed readings BUT in most cases its 100% possible to read depth and mark fish from the point you get onto plane to WOT....and this is true even with the 3in1's and not just the small skimmers!

Ryan

6. Member
    Will those shoot thru transducers work on an aluminum hull?

7. Member
    Negative.
    ciao,
    Marc

8. Member
    I like the cheap skimmer transducers for speed and the 3 in 1 for the wonderful view it gives. I just returned from Ak on the boat we liveried for the week was a Lowrance Ti9 w an I believe HST-WSU running 200 kHz. Later part of the week was flat (for AK) that boats' top speed was 31 running down tide and I was reading bottom in 715 FOW. I believe RyTek Marine hit the nail on the head above.