47" lowrance ghost TM on a 22 AVX2080

Hello,
    Picking up a 2022 vexus avx2080 on 7-29-2022 this Friday. Coming out of a 2006 ranger z20
    Im just wondering if anyone has a 47" lowrance ghost trolling motor installed on there Vexus avx2080. Is the shaft long enough at the bow when deployed. I'm taking my ghost off my ranger and putting it on the avx 2080. I noticed the avx2080 vexus sits high at the bow. Is the 47" shaft length long enough. I also have a rite hite turret with active target mounted to the ghost. Your input is much appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 Ranger Z20
    2011 225hp Evinrude ETEC H.O.
    26p Raker II SS prop
    HDS9 gen2 at bow and HDS16 carbon on a precision sonar console bracket.
    Units linked into outboard interface.
    Precision sonar gauge relocation kit.
    2) 8' power pole blades
    101 lb 36v minn kota fortrex
    Bob's 10" hydraulic jack plate

2. Member
    Congratulations on the new AVX 2080!

I have an AVX 1980, and my 47" Ghost works fine in the water conditions I encounter while fishing Chequamegon Bay twice a week and I haven't had any issues with the trolling motor reaching the water in windy conditions, mind you, it's not like I'm fishing 5-foot rollers on the western basin of Lake Erie or anything remotely like that, but you'll be fine in your new AVX 2080 in any water condition short of that type of situation.

I suspect your biggest challenge will actually be keeping all the bar flies away from your shiny new Vexus while you are enjoying a nice lunch and Arnie Palmer at Fletcher's on Tonka!

Enjoy your new boat and please have a great day!
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

Thanks for your input much appreciated. The ghost will now go on the 2080. Can't wait to to run that vexus avx2080. I'm pumped.
    2006 Ranger Z20
    2011 225hp Evinrude ETEC H.O.
    26p Raker II SS prop
    HDS9 gen2 at bow and HDS16 carbon on a precision sonar console bracket.
    Units linked into outboard interface.
    Precision sonar gauge relocation kit.
    2) 8' power pole blades
    101 lb 36v minn kota fortrex
    Bob's 10" hydraulic jack plate

4. Member
    I'm sure your new Vexus AVX 2080 will exceed your expectations sir!

It's a bit tongue in cheek, but if you stop for lunch at Fletcher's on Lake Minnetonka and "park" your new Vexus among the plethora of Ranger, Nitro, and Bass Cat fiberglass bass boats, you will get a lot of attention and even more questions! I get lots of attention in NW Wisconsin whenever I stop at the gas station to fuel up my Tundra or my Vexus and it is always fellow bass anglers who are getting older and want to get into a lighter and easier to own bass boat while still retaining all of the fishability and handling abilities of the larger and heavier fiberglass bass boats.

Please have a great day!
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

5. Member
    Got the same boat/trolling motor and no issues with mine as well.
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

6. Member
    Congrats on your new rig. I have the 1980 and love it. Question-Does your factory boat cover fit over the rite hite turret?