Cover not fitting on AVX

I bought my 1980 last year and have had not needed to put on the cover until now. The problem is that the cover is just short of fitting. It's a double console so I am wondering if they gave me cover for a single console or the wrong cover. I have an inquiry into my dealer they asked me for a picture of the label and there are no labels at all on the cover.

Any of you have issues with the cover being too tight?

2. Member
    I know the covers are tight. If your cover was made by Dean's it might have the model # of the boat that it fits on the underside. Take a look at where your port console is and see if there is a snap and reinforcement for a pole.. if there is no snap then I would say you have a dual console cover. My cover was very tough to get on the first time (like 30 minutes tough)and the next few times after. Something the dealer said to me when I took deliver of my boat was that they "had already stretched the cover". Guessing that meant they fought with the cover and got it on and left it on for a few days.
    2019 AVX1980 Sumit White
    150hp Evinrude Etec G2
    Ultrex
    Garmin Echomap ultra 106sv bow/console
    Joined the revolution 10/25/19

I’m not sure what a dual console cover looks like on the inside or if it is supported like the single.

My single console cover has a pocket for a second support post right in front of the port seat, right in line with where the center support ends up with where the straps line it up.

4. Member
    Is the front seat on? Iirc, cover designed w/o front seat.

5. Member
    AVX189 here, my cover is designed to fit best when I have the front folding seat installed on the post, and it fits best with the rear folding seat installed without the post. I have the single console as well, so mine also has the snap and reinforced material for the pole that snaps in where the passenger console would be. Mine is a little tight on my trolling motor because I just replaced the Fortrex 80 with a Garmin Force trolling motor. It still fits, but it's definitely snug.

6. Member
    Bought AVX 1980 in 2019. Have had trouble with the cover being too short in back starboard corner from the get go. I would have to take my console garmin off and it would take two people with everything we had to get it on. This year I upgraded to the Force trolling motor and then the cover was impossible. I paid a friend who does marine covers/seating to add about 8 inches across the front deck area of the cover. Now it works like a dream.
    Last edited by TDWalk; 07-28-2022 at 08:39 AM.

7. Member
    I had this problem. I contacted Dean's who made my cover for Vexus. I was told the cover wasn't designed to be used with an Ultrex. That solved my problem not sure it will help you at all. My boat is a 2020 1880.

The cover on my 1880 works fine with the Force TM.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

9. Member
    I have a 2020 single console 1880 with a Ultrex. It fits fine. I use the stringer system (and have used it without) I put the post in for the passenger side (to take the place for the DC), and I have used without it, I put the back seat in without the post. Worked from the first time without issues. This is one of nicest covers made, IMO.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance