1999 pro team 185 livewell operation

I just got this boat and can’t find any information on how the livewell works. I have a switch on dash for aerator and one by the throttle that says empty and auto. Can anyone tell me how this fills up and use? Here’s pics of switches. Can’t seem to post pics

2. Member
    It sounds like it is exactly like mine (2001 PT 185). The dash switch is up for manual on, and down for timer operation. If it has the factory timer control. red If I remember correctly, it is 1 minute on and 5 minutes off. The control near the throttle is as stated--fill and maintain water in the livewell on the auto setting, and when set to empty it does just that. When I get the boat in the water I set it to auto, touch the top of the dash switch to fill with water for 3-4 minutes, then flip the switch down to timer operation. Now, if all works fine you're good to go. If the pump doesn't run you will need a new Rule Tournament Series pump, 500 gal/hr. If the timer doesn't work, Flow-Rite has a good one, adjustable time off, but there are also others available that operate similarly. If the Auto/Empty doesn't work, it could be either that control switch or the valve that is attached to the pump in the bilge. Not easy to get to, but Flow-rite still manufactures all parts. That is most likely a black valve with a white lever--a V2 valve. They are available with a rear entry cable or a front entry cable. That is another possible problem, but less likely than the pump or the valve. You should check the fuse, and that may be a fuse on the pump lead or in the area of the timer under the dash. Not complicated, but access is often tough. Just start troubleshooting with a multimeter if it doesn't work.