I need a Trailer Hub for 2011 Z8

I have a 2011 Nitro Z8 on a factory trailer that has 4 wheel surge disk brakes and hoping someone can help me find a source for parts. I have exhausted all my local dealers which all gave me the deer in the headlights stare when I was looking for trailer parts and not a boat part.

I lost a wheel bearing last weekend on the way home. Caught it right away so it only needed bearings but it was Sunday afternoon and nothing was open so I removed the tire, strapped up the axle, and headed home for a 75 mile trip at 25 mph which took 5 hours.

During that time I had a LOT of time to think. Although I have a floor jack and enough tools with to perform a small roadside engine rebuild I do NOT have the parts to do so!

So with that being said I want to have an entire hub with bearings, seals, caps, and lug nuts with so I do not have to try and find the parts when on the road if/when this ever happens again.

2011 Z8-200 ProXS

2. Member
    Check eastern marine or pacific trailers online. Since it’s a nitro, I’d expect a call to a bass pro shops that sells boats would be able to help you out too.

3. Member
    The number on the axle tube will get you started.

Great info Thank You! I will go snap a picture of the axle tube number and get online to see what I can find.

I did email nitroboatparts.com which sure looked promising but when they replied they informed me that those parts are no longer available. They did provide me with a phone number if I needed more assistance so of course I called and the gal on the other end said that they have no information and did not deal with trailers only boats and that I should try the trailer manufacturer. What a JOKE!

2011 Z8-200 ProXS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DVHammer View Post
    Great info Thank You! I will go snap a picture of the axle tube number and get online to see what I can find.

I did email nitroboatparts.com which sure looked promising but when they replied they informed me that those parts are no longer available. They did provide me with a phone number if I needed more assistance so of course I called and the gal on the other end said that they have no information and did not deal with trailers only boats and that I should try the trailer manufacturer. What a JOKE!
    So who is the trailer manufacturer? That should be somewhere on the trailer.

6. Member

Axle numbers may or may not be of any help.

Dexter has bought out just about everybody in the last few years and cross conversion of numbers seem to get messed up along the way.

Pull the hub/ rotor and look for some numbers and also on the calipers.

Get some pics and post them and somebody here on BBC should be able to help you out.

Good luck

Come to find out that when it comes to trailers nothing is easy. Manufacturers change parts like the wind. Nothing is certain other than a part number that was installed.

I pulled a rotor and cleaned it up, on the inside is a part # so I called Eastern Marine, Pacific Trailers, Bass Pro, and Cabelas. I got everything from discontinued and unavailable to that is the wrong part number for that trailer and will not fit (impossible because I just took it off the trailer)

FINALLY found Trailer Parts Depot! Very helpful and had the rotor, bearings, seals, etc. so I ordered everything plus spares.

My advice to anyone looking for parts is if possible find the part # on the piece in question BEFORE calling around. Disregard when, where, or what the trailer is because I think trailer manufacturers use whatever is available at the time.

2011 Z8-200 ProXS

8. Member
    Come to find out that when it comes to trailers nothing is easy. Manufacturers change parts like the wind. Nothing is certain other than a part number that was installed.

I pulled a rotor and cleaned it up, on the inside is a part # so I called Eastern Marine, Pacific Trailers, Bass Pro, and Cabelas. I got everything from discontinued and unavailable to that is the wrong part number for that trailer and will not fit (impossible because I just took it off the trailer)

FINALLY found Trailer Parts Depot! Very helpful and had the rotor, bearings, seals, etc. so I ordered everything plus spares.

My advice to anyone looking for parts is if possible find the part # on the piece in question BEFORE calling around. Disregard when, where, or what the trailer is because I think trailer manufacturers use whatever is available at the time.

Sad but so true

Take things apart and get some part numbers/pictures if you can.

Fastest way not to be disappointed when ordering parts.

Glad it worked out .

Good Luck