Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Man ignore the ignorance you just have to wade thru the bs most them guys prob are school teachers and don’t even own a bass boat..

My best guess would be your not really trimmed all the way down…mabye a spun hub…OR try plugging some of them holes with something next trip and see if that helps

2. Member
    ......hmmmm hope it worked out for you
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

3. Member
    If he were not trimmed down enough the bow would rise too much. What he is describing what happens when the motor is too high. If I crank my jackplate up high to jump on plane in shallow water I will get blowout. It’s possible it could be a venting issue. A spun hub would likely of perform at the other speeds he described.

4. Member
    Ok so I went out Saturday and I think I may have figured it out. I put the original prop back on, after trying a couple things I was able to get it on plane by doing a u turn and hitting the throttle coming out of the u turn, once on plane it went just fine. I looked at both props and neither one had the vents plugged so I'm thinking I need to plug the vents and go from thier. I mad sure it was trimmed all the way down. The vents not being plugged is the only thing that makes sence at this point. I will plug them and see what happens I will post the results it won't be till Saturday that is my only day off.

5. Member
    I will say something here, I have never had a high performance hull that did not blow out some on launch, I run um high and when she drops the nose it spins up then grabs, if pvc holes are all open, plug two and see what happens
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

6. Member
    I have 8 pvc holes in mine all open, grabs and when nose falls she jumps up on rpm and I am working jack plate and trim
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cames View Post
    Ok so I went out Saturday and I think I may have figured it out. I put the original prop back on, after trying a couple things I was able to get it on plane by doing a u turn and hitting the throttle coming out of the u turn, once on plane it went just fine. I looked at both props and neither one had the vents plugged so I'm thinking I need to plug the vents and go from thier. I mad sure it was trimmed all the way down. The vents not being plugged is the only thing that makes sence at this point. I will plug them and see what happens I will post the results it won't be till Saturday that is my only day off.
    THIS is exactly what a bass boat trimmed too high will do. Open plugs may do the same, but I never open my props with vents. I can't comment but too much ventilation definitely makes for blowout.

Quote Originally Posted by DewRonInc View Post
    I will say something here, I have never had a high performance hull that did not blow out some on launch, I run um high and when she drops the nose it spins up then grabs, if pvc holes are all open, plug two and see what happens
    What some of us who can read have been saying all along !!!!

Once you plug the holes it might be a dog getting out of the hole. If that is the case, you will need to find plugs with the right size holes in them to help you get on plane, but not blow out when you break over.

10. Member
    Ok sorry for the delay but I was having issues getting back on here. I did figure it out it was the vent holes, I put some silicone in all 3 holes it now drops right on plane and goes. What threw me off is the other prop I put on had no vent holes and it still slipped, I'm guessing the prop was to small for the boat so it was slipping. So I am going to order some plugs for it and go fishing lol. Thanks to all for the input.

11. Member
    No pics of cool old astro?

I have nothing contructive to add that hasnt already been said lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

Ok sorry for the delay but I was having issues getting back on here. I did figure it out it was the vent holes, I put some silicone in all 3 holes it now drops right on plane and goes. What threw me off is the other prop I put on had no vent holes and it still slipped, I'm guessing the prop was to small for the boat so it was slipping. So I am going to order some plugs for it and go fishing lol. Thanks to all for the input.

13. Member

14. Member
    I have a brother in law that can’t ever get on a plane again. It does not pay to drink and fly as it leads to arguments withe the stewards.

15. Member
    Get solid plugss & drill out a little bit one at a time until you get the hole shot dialed in. The small one may need a blowout ring. What brand are the props?

16. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    Without knowing your setup this is all a shot in the dark but something to try.
    Trim all the way down, as soon as you throttle down start trimming up. As stated above some run their motors a little high as I did and this was my only problem with doing so. Trimming up instantly cured my launch problem. If you didn't it will blow out every time it tried to break over.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfool38 View Post
    Without knowing your setup this is all a shot in the dark but something to try.
    Trim all the way down, as soon as you throttle down start trimming up. As stated above some run their motors a little high as I did and this was my only problem with doing so. Trimming up instantly cured my launch problem. If you didn't it will blow out every time it tried to break over.
    See post #70. He figured it out.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234