Can't get on plane

I bought a 91 astro with a 92 200hp mercury I'm new to a high performance boat but not new to bass boat I owned a 16 foot procraft with a 115hp evinrude here's my problem the procraft I trimmed down hit the throttle it came up on plane right away and I never had to do any trimming if I did it never made a difference the astro when I try and take off I trim it all the way down hit the throttle it goes a few yards then it acts like the prop is coming out of the water the rpms go up and the boat slows down is this because I'm leaving it trimmed down to long it never gets on plane before it starts to slip I did noticed when I got it it had the tilt torque rod in place when it came from the shop it was missing when I asked the mechanic about it he said it didn't need it that I needed to learn how to use the trim on this boat could that be the reason why it won't go on plane it gets to a point that it is trimmed down to much and it's pushing the back of the boat out of the water if I put the rod back in it won't trim down as far and push the back of the boat up or do I just need to learn how to drive the boat I do understand that it is way more power than the old boat and they are gonna act different but I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong so I can work on it

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    What do your RPMs do when you try to get going? Sounds like the prop may have a spun hub. Make a mark with a Sharpie or grease pencil from prop to hub and then try to take off. If the marks aren’t lined up anymore, you have a spun hub.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Cavitation?

4. Member
    Trim gauge not accurate and prop is still to high

5. Member
    Either you’re not trimmed down all the way or the motor is mounted too high.