1993 Stratos Radio Wiring

Hello, I recently boat a used boat that included a radio, however it was never installed. I have experience wiring car stereos, but I’m having trouble with the color wiring on the factory harness in the dual console. I have positive and ground wires, and a separate set of 6 wires. The boat originally came with 2 speakers. Those 6 wires are yellow, white, blue, green, purple, and grey. I will attach two photos, one of the unit wiring, yellow attached to positive, and then the set of 6 wires. The radio isn’t getting power, and I’ll probably have to run new power to it, however the speaker wire colors are confusing compared to normal standard. 6 wires for 2 speakers. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

These radios have several speaker leads, this may help.Capture.PNG
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

3. Member
    Purple green Grey white are your speaker leads. Black tracer on each is negative. Blue is a remote turn on for an amplifier. Yellow is 12v and red is constant 12v for retaining memory. Black ground. If you're only using 2 speakers you should wire one to white and white/black and the other to grey and grey/black. Use multi meter to check for 12v at the radio harness. If you have 12v there check the fuse on the back of the radio. If not work your way back to batter or take the radio to the batter and touch the wires to the poles. That'll take the wiring out of the equation and allow you to trouble shoot it quickly..

.I misread the question I'm sorry. Can you access the back of the speakers to see what colors are plugged into them? Or with a multi meter set to ohms with a tone. Touch one wire and go down the row until it tones or shows continuity. Normal speaker ohms are 2 and 4 ohm. Sometimes 6 and 8. Add 1 or so ohms for wiring resistance. Any readings other than that indicates that's not a speaker lead or the speaker is bad.
    Last edited by Ganno595; 07-30-2022 at 03:14 PM.

4. Member
    Above post is spot on. Blue wire can also be used as the signal wire to turn on a powered antenna if your using one. Yellow is suppose to go to a switched 12v power supply so your radio will be turned off when the switch is turned off
    Last edited by JKC191; 07-30-2022 at 06:29 PM.