Smallmouth Bass Fishing

Hey guys, just looking for a little help with where to go. We have been coming up for the last 10 years and mainly fish Vermilion. We love the lake but in the last 2-3 years it has gotten extremely crowded. We mainly smallmouth fish. We pull our own bass boats up from Oklahoma. We have fished Mille Lacs a couple of days and we spent a week on Rainy.

Are there other less pressured lakes with good smallmouth populations? We are all catch and release. I have read up some on Leech and it sounds like it is more largemouth. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Scott Smith
    Blanchard, OK
    2014 FX 20 Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    the missisppi river in the Brainerd area is awesome. No shortage of other lakes in the area as well.

3. Member
    Women, Baby, Big Spirit are good, Black hawk

4. Member
    Thanks for the info guys. I will do a little research on these and see which one fits our needs.
    Scott Smith
    Blanchard, OK
    2014 FX 20 Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    i have a buddy who owns a resort on Woman lake. Allseasons Resort.

6. Member
    Some good smallie fishing in the detroit lakes area. Pickerel, Ottertail, Lyda, Big Cormrant, Lizzie/Crystal/Rush. Minimal pressure and they fish different than most in that area. On pickerel I would sight fish smallies in 2 FOW right until the ice came on.