Has Anyone Ever Drained an AVX Gas Tank?

So I think buy letting my 1880 sit with little use this year I may have a condensation issue. Last week I took my boat out (equipped with a Zuk 115SS) and got a three beep alarm but the boat ran fine.

When I got home I started researching around for what it could be and how to reset it. After some digging the internet collective pointed towards a couple of things and after trying those, no bueno. I then checked the engine mounted fuel water separator and it had a bunch of water in it. I emptied it and all was good but I was apprehensive.

I loaned it to a buddy to fish a tournament and he ran it for a while, mostly at idle speed because it was a night tournament, the it alarmed. I just got it back and sure enough the separator was full.

I see two options; take it to the lake and got for a long boat ride to run it out, or drain the tank.

Have any of you folks drained the tank and how did you go about it?

Shove a hose in it and siphon it out. Problem is that you might not get all Of the water or fuel for that matter. You might dump some fuel conditioner in and run the fuel out of it.
    Best way would require removing the seats and console then removing the cover over the fuel tank. Remove the sending unit or main fuel hose and Siphon from either of those spots. Good way to inspect for debris in
    the tank as well. Put a fuel/ water separator in your boat if you do run it. Water in the fuel is not good for your motor. If you get the Racor style with the clear bowl you can drain the water off into a bucket.

Worse thing you can do to a boat is let it sit. If you leave fuel in the tank use a stabilizer.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

You are correct about letting it sit without some type of mechanic in a can, totally my fault, and I know better.

I thought about a hose and siphon but wasn’t sure I could get a hose down the fill pipe. I’m not thrilled with the idea of pulling the seat pedestal for a couple different reasons. Not that complicated of a job, just not excited about it

4. Member
    I been down that road twice don't try to run it out disconnect fuel line from filter and pump it out from there

I went through the fuel sending unit, you will have to remove the 1.seats, 2.coin box and under that is aluminum pan with a few screws, i needed fuel during a hurricane
    we had one year and its on a 2080 AVX 2019.
    I tried to siphon it out through the gas fill neck but no dice.
    2019 Vexus AVX 2080
    Evinrude G2 200
    Bobs Hyd. Jackplate, Dual power poles
    Aluminum trailer, polyurea flooring