Question Switch Panel - 1996 Champion 186

I'm currently working on solving an issue related to my live well switch. But I'm thinking of replacing more components or changing out the entire switch panel. Mine has the toggle switches (not rockers) and includes Power, Live well, Nav, Bilge, and a horn. I have a couple of questions:

• What are the white devices under the panel that the power wire goes through? They may be a fuse? If so, how do I replace those?
    • Is there a pre-made panel board with switches that's available for a reasonable change out (size and wiring)?

Thanks again!
    2008 BassCat Puma with a Mercury 250 Pro XS / 1996 Champion 186 with a Mercury 175 EFI

2. Member
    Are you talking maybe about the circuit breakers? If they are the circuit breakers, they should have a small lock down nut on the outside of the panel. Remove the nut and push the CB inward to remove. Take a pic or label all your connections first.

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Pictures of both sides of your panel showing all components will help

4. Member
    2008 BassCat Puma with a Mercury 250 Pro XS / 1996 Champion 186 with a Mercury 175 EFI

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    The white devices are circuit breakers, the buttons next to the switches reset them. The nuts to hold them in are molded into the rubber boots. I've got a schematic of the panel I'll post up after I get to work.

6. Member
    Sounds good. Thank you!

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Here go ...

switch panel.JPG

8. Member
    Tx Champ, THANK YOU! That is very helpful. Kevin

9. Member
    I confirmed the pump is find and runs great when directly connected to the battery. I'm assuming there is only one pump that supports the live well. This leads me to believe that there is something between the switch and the pump that operates things between Manual and Auto. Does anyone have any info on this? Also, where is this device?

Thanks

10. Member
    Adding to this thread to help figure this out.

I have only a Manual and Auto switch. I do NOT have a hydro system. It fills and areates in Manual. Once my live wells are full I switch it to Auto. This works well. Both Manual and Auto stopped working on the water during a tournament.

I checked and replaced the switch at the panel below the boat shifter. I also checked the pump by connecting it directly to the batter and all is working properly.

Is there a device or timer between the switch and pump that may have gone bad? If so, where would it be located?

Thank you.

11. Member
    I found the timer thanks to an older thread I found in forum. It's a small circuit board that is located inside the driver console adjacent to the steering column. I pulled, dusted off, and reconnected the wire connections to the circuit board, and everything seems to be working properly.

Are replacement timer/circuit boards available?

Thanks again..

12. Member
    I'm going to start a separate thread with a better title on this that addresses the timer. Thank you all for your help and input!!!