Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    I will just repost a post from Basscat Boats here:

From Basscat:

"A simpler view is a transom support creates a large triangle using the trailer to tie or end support, and remove stress of trailering from motor mounts. Trailers don't move independently of the boat when they are secured.

Shorter quick use supports only tie the trim unit to the center pivot (saddle) and the engine itself floats on motor mounts, while the transom is not supported further with what can be a maximum from 700 to near 1,000 pounds of weight hanging on the transoms today. Power poles, pole brackets, hydraulic plates, engines from 540 (dry) to the largest four strokes. Lots of weight back there.

Just look at the increased amount of motor mount issues today to realize there are different issues, though similar originations."
    ah okay. It wasn’t sarcasm. Thanks for the replies!

2. Member
    I replaced the 24 series piece of crap that mine came rigged with the first week. I used the 31 Duracell from Sam's. I run graphs, livewells all day and never put anything to sleep. I do have a small dedicated lithium battery that runs the ducer for the livescope only.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WAWI View Post
    I replaced the 24 series piece of crap that mine came rigged with the first week. I used the 31 Duracell from Sam's. I run graphs, livewells all day and never put anything to sleep. I do have a small dedicated lithium battery that runs the ducer for the livescope only.
    Are you saying that a dealer actually rigged your bass boat with a 24 series battery ?? Hard to believe if so.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    Are you saying that a dealer actually rigged your bass boat with a 24 series battery ?? Hard to believe if so.
    That's exactly what I'm saying. Also had a 24 fury which the cat folks here are on the record as saying that's the wrong prop. I got to spend 170 on a battery and 700 on a prop the first month of new purchase.

5. Member
    I sold the 24 series battery for 50 bucks on the tff so there is that.....

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WAWI View Post
    Also had a 24 fury which the cat folks here are on the record as saying that's the wrong prop. .
    Same. The battery, which was a good little upcharge, was a real disappointment.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12