Set up help 595 pro elite

Hey guys I'm in desperate need of some recommendations for my 2016 595 with 200 opti pro xs, boat runs great once out of the hole. But it is a struggle everytime to get a hole shot. I do have hydraulic jack plate I've tried multiple settings and just can not find a good spot. Everytime I try and get out of the hole the ass end will drop down and I'll just plow water for hundreds of yards before the bow will start to work down. The prop set up on it is a 25 trophy plus with all vent holes open, this is the way I purchased it I have made no adjustments to the prop set up. But like mentioned have tried all over with jack plate and trim. Thanks for any input.

2. Member
    I’m no expert but that seems like a lot of prop for a 200. I would think dropping down some will help. Someone with some experience will be along shortly to help

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    I’m no expert but that seems like a lot of prop for a 200. I would think dropping down some will help. Someone with some experience will be along shortly to help
    Thanks

4. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Do you have a blowout rig on it? With all the PVS holes open and the prop being an over/thru you are letting so must exhaust gas out it won't bite. I'd try plugging a couple of holes and I'd also try to find a 25 Tempest to try. If all else fails, find a 24 Bravo with dual PVS holes.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Do you have a blowout rig on it? With all the PVS holes open and the prop being an over/thru you are letting so must exhaust gas out it won't bite. I'd try plugging a couple of holes and I'd also try to find a 25 Tempest to try. If all else fails, find a 24 Bravo with dual PVS holes.
    No ring either, a ring was an option I was considering or a tempest, appreciate the input thanks

6. Member
    I've had great success with 25 trophys. What I've always done was cut the recess ring off that goes inside the lower unit. It's 1/2-5/8" long. This allows more exhaust to flow around the prop to the blades and cause it to slip a little more and not bog. From there if it helped but still not enough, I would slot the front of the prop to the pvs holes like the old school tempest.

7. Member
    I don't know if lack of venting is my problem, as Rebel1 stated I think possibly to much venting and not enough bite. Finding pvs plugs is like a needle in a haystack mercury doesn't allow US dealers to ship them to Canada I was told by a few I tried to order from and most dealers around me only have a few odds and ends laying around there trying to dig out for me. Have a line on a tempest as well as have a ring coming this week I'll try out.

8. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    The 200 Pro XS two stroke is one of the hardest motors to prop ever.

9. Member
    If memory serve me correctly the trophy always bogged on takeoff then vented when it broke over. Is your not bogging first?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chad202 View Post
    If memory serve me correctly the trophy always bogged on takeoff then vented when it broke over. Is your not bogging first?
    It does bog slightly, but winds up quick just doesn't go anywhere. Bow up and plowing water until either the Passenger shifts a bit of weight forward or I have to let of the pedal and try and get er going again.

11. Member
    Tempest Plus has always treated me good with my 595 25p but I had a 225. Can you not get Amazon or Ebay to ship to Canada? I see a bunch of PVS plugs on there that are available.
    Lee Setser
    2022 Blazer 625
    2022 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Lowrance HDS 12 Lives
    Lowrance Active Target

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeinMO View Post
    Tempest Plus has always treated me good with my 595 25p but I had a 225. Can you not get Amazon or Ebay to ship to Canada? I see a bunch of PVS plugs on there that are available.
    Ebay won't ship them to me, Amazon the only ones I can't get were 19$ Per plug. Friend of mine has a turning point Mach 3 I might give it a shot this weekend.

13. Member
    Just wanted to let everyone kno, I put the Turning point Mach 3 in 23p on and the boats a rocket ship now. Super happy that I have the blazer running the way it should!

14. Scraps
    Mine runs good on a 24P Fury 3B. Also have a Razor that works well. 25 is a lot to spin on a 200.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD