I picked a bad time to have my hand surgery. I just blew the timing on this one. I was thinking fall fishing. I should have not been looking into the future. I'm missing what could possibly be the best year on the Yough. While my buddies have been doing well they just were not catching a lot of those bigger bass consistently. So at first I thought I planned the surgery just right.

However I have some other people I know and by chance I bumped into two of them and talked to another on the phone last night. They were telling me about the large bass they were catching. They backed it up with photos. I'm talking about4 pounds plus and just not a few. I was excited and mentioned they were doing much better than my two buddies.

Then I found out why, they were night fishing. Getting on the water in the evening and fishing into the night. Duh, when the water heats up and temperatures get into the 80's and 90's you have to switch your game plan. Here is what's working; color black or dark. Something that makes some sounds. Buzz baits, spinning baits, top water hard bait such as the jitterbug.

So change your tactics. First it is safer to be out of that heat. Second you just might catch your personal best. Be safe fish with a buddy wearyou life jacket. Tip. A good black light is a nice addition. I use one that I bought from Bass Pro years ago.