Installing Mercury SmartCraft SC1000

Serial number 2b637409

Thinking about adding the sc1000 (79-879896K21) to console. Currently have the vessel view mob and would like to keep it installed. Other than the gauge, any other parts I need to do this?

2. Member
    You would need its harness and a junction box with a free port if you don't already have one. If it's not already rigged there, you could move your vvm to the j-box as well (another port). This eliminates the BT connectivity issues some experience.
    Last edited by moymurfs; 07-23-2022 at 07:46 AM.
    MY Engine Serial Number : 2B411498

Why would you want that ancient instrument on your motor? The Mercmonitor is MUCH more capable, has more data displays and is in every way better than the System Monitor your are considering.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    Why would you want that ancient instrument on your motor? The Mercmonitor is MUCH more capable, has more data displays and is in every way better than the System Monitor your are considering.
    Not sure why, I'm not familiar with these gauges. I'll check out the Mercmonitor though.

Here is a thread that will help.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=894952

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

6. Member
    I had the SC1000 gauge on my Ranger. I went ahead and installed the MercMonitor anyway and kept the SC1000. I kept the SC on engine temp as a constant reminder of the Opti's current temp so I knew it was warmed up properly before I hammered it. I also knew if the thermostats were functioning properly. I like feedback. :)

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I would concur- that old System Monitor came out in 2000. There are much more modern/current options, such as the MercMonitor, VesselView LINK, Smartcraft Connect (just to name a few).

Rhonda in our Parts Department can assist you with any of these.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Thanks for the info. I have a Phoenix and the gauge that the MercMonitor, that I've seen replace, is the gauge that shows water pressure, voltage, fuel level and trim. Will the plug for my current gauge plug into the harness that comes with the MercMonitor?

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mkm View Post
    Thanks for the info. I have a Phoenix and the gauge that the MercMonitor, that I've seen replace, is the gauge that shows water pressure, voltage, fuel level and trim. Will the plug for my current gauge plug into the harness that comes with the MercMonitor?
    Would have to see the front and back of said gauge as there are quite a few instruments that meet that description.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Would have to see the front and back of said gauge as there are quite a few instruments that meet that description.
    I replied to your email.