Thread: Carp and bass

Carp and bass

Anybody ever catch a decent bass where carp are all over the area?

My Buddy caught an 8 lber in the Spring years ago when carp were rooting and jumping. He caught it about 10 foot from where a carp had just jumped.

I used to avoid areas like that until I saw that happen. I think they stir stuff up and sometimes bass take advantage of it...usually bigger bass too.

I caught a 2 1/2 lb bass a month ago in the back of a cut. I had to pull it over a downed tree and it got wrapped on a limb about fifteen feet away. I couldn't get any closer and I couldn't pull it over the limb either so it was pinned to the limb at the surface for a while as I tried to figure out how to get closer. Two 7-8 lb carp came over as it was struggling and sort of rammed it. I had never seen that happen before.
    "If It Ain't Broke, You're Not Trying"- Red Green

3. Member
    Interesting for sure. Thanks. I wonder if I am wasting time when I see them in the area.

4. Member
    I typically did not have luck bass fishing when asian carp were around. I think they are noisy and annoying the bass. Are there people who have caught bass around them yes I’m sure but in my experience it’s most likely luck and coincidence
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

5. Member
    Thanks, I may have to start just moving on to another area.

6. Member
    I was fishing a hump this weedend. I caught a bluegill, two stripers, a keeper small mouth and snagged at least 5 carp. All in a very small area.