Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

The battle of weight loss.

I’ve been up and down my entire life. Got to 278 at my all time high and and as low as 216 in the last few years. Currently 232 and would like to get down to around 200 but man do I miss some food.
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI

2. Member
    Check out the book titled Acid Watcher Diet: 28-Day Reflux prevention and healing program. I followed this book for medical reasons. You might find the information and meal suggestions interesting. I lost 15 pounds in a couple months. Never felt hungry. You can eat all you want that is on the approved list.

3. Member
    Check out the book Eating Clean by Tosca Reno. Not a diet but a total change in eating habits.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

4. Member
    Seven words ... Eat Real Food, Not Too Much, Mostly Plants.
    As noted, lifestyle change, it's the gateway to your desire.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post

6. Member
    Life would suck without a little meat. Hamburger steak ribs and chicken. But we don’t eat it every day though.

7. Member
    Man that’s tough. If you’re like me food is your reward for things. Long week at work… have a good meal. I’ve tried to stop drinking sodas but even that is tough. Habits!
    I hope you accomplish your goal.
    2013 Pantera 4
    2012 Opti 200 Pro XS
    25 Tempest

8. Member
    This is the book from which Tampa Jim quotes: https://www.amazon.com/Defense-Food-...49158510&psc=1

It’s a great quick read that will very likely change the way you think of and interact with food. Some of my favorite quotes from the book are:

Eat only food that rots.
    Spend money on food.
    If your grandmother wouldn’t recognize it, don’t eat it.

I highly recommend it. Good luck!

9. Member
    100% willpower. It is very possible. Not fun, but possible. Just depends on your goals and how much they mean to you.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Life would suck without a little meat. Hamburger steak ribs and chicken. But we don’t eat it every day though.
    Notice the "mostly plants". I'll bust up a good quality piece of protein ... beef, chicken, lamb, salmon, etc.
    And I do have an affinity for dessert. Clean food is key, proper servings and balance. I just don't eat beets.
    We had sancocho last night, homemade soup. Short rib, yuca, carrot, malanga, green plantain and more.
    Almost always have three meals per day and at least two snacks, plus a dessert. But I'm active & it's clean.

Notice the "mostly plants". I'll bust up a good quality piece of protein ... beef, chicken, lamb, salmon, etc.
    And I do have an affinity for dessert. Clean food is key, proper servings and balance. I just don't eat beets.
    We had sancocho last night, homemade soup. Short rib, yuca, carrot, malanga, green plantain and more.
    Almost always have three meals per day and at least two snacks, plus a dessert. But I'm active & it's clean.
    do you just not like beets? or is there another reason?
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

12. Member
    I was told I was a diabetic less than 6 months ago and I have lost 30 pounds. Doctor said to stop losing weight now. Not even trying. Just the change in eating habits.

Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    I was told I was a diabetic less than 6 months ago and I have lost 30 pounds. Doctor said to stop losing weight now. Not even trying. Just the change in eating habits.
    that's great, how are you doing it?

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yanknbass View Post
    My answer for the question not directed at me....... They have a dirt taste to them no matter how they're prepared. And before anyone says I "haven't had them" prepared this way, that way, by the right person........ redneck here from NE Texas with parents and grandparents from Tennessee and Iowa. I have seen and been made to "try it" a hundred different ways in my no choice days. They're horrible.
    2014 920/SHO

Quote Originally Posted by txbass1 View Post
    My answer for the question not directed at me....... They have a dirt taste to them no matter how they're prepared. And before anyone says I "haven't had them" prepared this way, that way, by the right person........ redneck here from NE Texas with parents and grandparents from Tennessee and Iowa. I have seen and been made to "try it" a hundred different ways in my no choice days. They're horrible.
    , but wait... I like them, grow them and eat the greens too. That's part of the problem, there's not much foods I won't eat.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yanknbass View Post
    They taste absolutely abhorrent to me. Within minutes, vomiting starts.
    For the record, they're about the only veggie, or fruit, I'll not consume.

They taste absolutely abhorrent to me. Within minutes, vomiting starts.
    For the record, they're about the only veggie, or fruit, I'll not consume.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    100% willpower. It is very possible. Not fun, but possible. Just depends on your goals and how much they mean to you.
    I disagree with the 100% willpower thing if you are over 60 or so. Unless you want to feel very hungry all the time. I lost over 50 lbs a couple years ago. then all at once the scale stopped going down. I log everything I eat and all activity and nothing changed in those habits. At the calories I take in I should still be loosing 1-2 lbs a week. There goes the calories in vs the calories burned theory too. I figure the body thinks I am starving and shut down some kind of way. Who knows. I'm not gaining but should be loosing for the little I eat, plus I walk 4-5 miles a day. A typical day is 1 poached egg and a slice of wheat toast for breakfast with coffee(153 calories), lunch is a sandwich on wheat toast, 3 oz of ham, 1 slice of tomato with mustard and a medium apple (298 calories) dinner is usually a grilled shrimp salad or something similar under 600 calories, and a snack of fruits in the evening (approx 100 calories. Total of 1200 to 1500 calories per day. One night a week I eat a real meal and usually saturday morning I eat a real breakfast. Even on the rare day i get a dessert or eat more I don't go over 2000-2500 calories which is what should maintain my weight. No way I can eat less and be a little satisfied so I guess it is what it is.

19. Member
    Lifestyle changes help greatly in reducing fluctuating weight, even small ones. Get rid of a soda daily, eat a little less desert and more veggies, and you will see a slow change.

Retired from the Marines and was about 210 (am 6’ 2”). Didn’t take long to hit 220, stayed there awhile, then hit 230 and at my highest 238. Had a desk job, lunch out every day, adult beverage or three nightly. Covid comes and I am working from home, dropped 10 pounds pretty quick cause I took my commute time and started walking. Retired last summer and own a farm—outside all day, every day, and eating more than ever. Cut out adult beverages and more healthy food, down to 215, feel great.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdogfish View Post
    I disagree with the 100% willpower thing if you are over 60 or so. Unless you want to feel very hungry all the time.
    Nobody ever said it was fun. But it is possible if one wants to put up with it. And the calorie in vs out works. Look at the people around the world starving. If you don't eat, you will lose weight. Might not be healthy or advisable though, but effective.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast