Thread: Croxton 24P 4XL

Croxton 24P 4XL

I thinking about trying this on my 2020 FXR 20. Is anyone running one of these? If so do you recommend this prop? TIA

2. Member
    I have it on my 2022 ZXR21. Awesome hole shot but lost 2 mph on top.

3. Member
    Got one on my '22 ZXR21 as well.
    Pros:
    -Better hole-shot
    -Better bow/stern lift/control
    -Less blowout in turns
    -Much better balanced than stock T2 (lower vibrations idling)
    -Less chine walk (maybe not going fast enough now?)
    -4 blade looks cool to me

Con:
    -Lost 2-3mph

4. Member
    My question to those of you running one as I have always prefered a 4 blade over a 3 blade is how it maintains top end when loaded down with full fuel, partner, live wells full. Does the top end fall off much or does it carry the extra load better and maintain closer to it's top end.

When I had my ranger running a 24p fury 3 blade that boat was a runner at 72mph with just me and half a tank no water in the wells. Fish a tourny with a co and full tanks and wells and it struggled to carry the load and would run about 62 to 63. When I switched to a 4 blade it would run 70 and loaded down 68. The 4 blade never had as much drop off.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    My question to those of you running one as I have always prefered a 4 blade over a 3 blade is how it maintains top end when loaded down with full fuel, partner, live wells full. Does the top end fall off much or does it carry the extra load better and maintain closer to it's top end.

When I had my ranger running a 24p fury 3 blade that boat was a runner at 72mph with just me and half a tank no water in the wells. Fish a tourny with a co and full tanks and wells and it struggled to carry the load and would run about 62 to 63. When I switched to a 4 blade it would run 70 and loaded down 68. The 4 blade never had as much drop off.
    I know for me on my Ranger it lost maybe 2mph on the top end versus the 3 blade that came on the boat but it’s faster everywhere else and handles better. Again, on my Ranger, but I found the boat runs very consistent loaded down versus running really light load. If the wells are full, gas is full, and extra guy it takes a second longer to get on pad but once it’s up it lifts extremely well even running heavy with very little loss at the top end.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

6. Member
    I’m a fan of a Fury 4 because it dosnt fall on its face when I load it down, the 3 blade is a about 2 mph faster with just me but 2 mph slower when boat is loaded. And the Fury 4 makes my boat a rocket

7. Member
    For me its the best prop I have tried and I have tried a bunch. Speed wise it matches my 3 blade with a load. Unloaded the 3 blade has 2mph on it. With that being said, hole shot is better, midrange is better and overall handling is better. I also think it makes the boat ride better as well.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Choppin View Post
    I’m a fan of a Fury 4 because it dosnt fall on its face when I load it down, the 3 blade is a about 2 mph faster with just me but 2 mph slower when boat is loaded. And the Fury 4 makes my boat a rocket
    I found the fury 4 to be the ticket on my ranger and would try one on the skeeter but gave up on them after having two of them sling a blade.

9. Member
    My Zxr ran great with 26 fury4 for 6 months. One day I was going across the lake at 3000 RPMs and Slung a blade on 6 month old prop.

10. Member
    The blade sling thing is also partially what moved me to a Razor 4XL. Per the interwebz experts, some SHO T2s are slinging blades when run high. And I just got a Bob's jackplate. So the added durability I think might come with a Mark's Razor 4XL was also a selling point.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    I found the fury 4 to be the ticket on my ranger and would try one on the skeeter but gave up on them after having two of them sling a blade.
    How long ago was this? Mercury has supposedly addressed that issue and they don’t sling a blade much.

12. Member
    Will the Raz 4 XL run like the Fury 4?

13. Member
    I’ve been waiting since June for my 23 4XL for my ZX200. I’m actually going to call this week and see what the deal is.