07 TR 21X HP Battery Cleanup

So I just lucked into Ish Monroe's old rig from the 07 Bassmaster Classic

It needed a bit of cleanup, in more ways than one. Had lots of wiring all over the battery/bilge compartment, making it nearly impossible to figure out what goes where in the event of a failure/need to troubleshoot. So, first thing I did was install all new wiring for graphs, powerpoles, and everything else that was individually wired to the battery. Have a look at the pictures - I can provide a laundry list of items I used for the rigging if anyone is interested too.

I ran 4ga from battery to new breaker, 4ga from breaker to disconnect, then 4ga from disconnect to fuse block.

From fuse block I ran new 10ga marine grade cables for x2 12" Helix @ bow, mega 360, x1 10" Helix @ console, network switch in drivers side rod box, x2 8' PP Blades

There are pictures of before - during - after

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...OV?usp=sharing
    Last edited by got_musky; 07-21-2022 at 03:16 PM.
    A fisherman is a jerk on one end of the line
    ~~~~ waiting for a jerk on the other ~~~~

2007 Triton TR21XHP
    2006 Mercury 250 Optimax Pro XS

2. Member
    Looks good
    1995 Ranger 482v
    2013 Mercury Pro XS 175hp

2008 Triton Tr-21x HP

3. Member
    Until you have done that yourself, you'd never guess the time it takes. Yours looks really good A+. I did different sections of mine 3x before I got it like I wanted it. I should of done this/ that..redo, repeat and repeat. I have the exact same boat, it's real work leaning in the box and wrestling all that stuff in an orderly fashion.

4. Member
    Thanks, I'd agree, when you think the job will take an hour, consider it x3 to really get the job done! It really is a job leaning in to work on that area of the boat. The power poles make it even worse!

I came from a Bass Tracker Flat bottom 17' boat to a 18' Ranger 361V so I know all about being in cramped spaces to get things fixed up. Aside from the tight quarters (from the other boats I've revamped), the biggest thing about this was that all the existing wiring was undersized, not labeled in any way and had horrible crimps/wrong size ring terminals. It was nice to clean things up, put it on a disconnect and then at the end of the day be able to shut everything down knowing there will be no battery "leak"
    A fisherman is a jerk on one end of the line
    ~~~~ waiting for a jerk on the other ~~~~

2007 Triton TR21XHP
    2006 Mercury 250 Optimax Pro XS