Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    All 4 of my Lowrance 12" units stay mounted in the boat 100% of the time. Never an issue. I guess if I was in a high crime area where the possibility of them being stolen where high would be the only reason to remove them for me.

Two Helix 10's and they both ride inside the boat when I'm not fishing. Put them on in the parking lot. Take them off in the parking lot.
    Been that way for the last 20 years, with all my Humminbirds. It works for me.
    Ranger Z-20, Yamaha F225.

3. Member
    Takes me 5 seconds to take the Garmin off and about a minute for the console mounted Bird. Put em in a foam lined case and in the truck they go. It only takes one time to make you a believer! Finding new units is not easy with the Covid shortages. Great peace of mind me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by billwvu05 View Post
    I take mine off the RAMS to be safe but I don't see how trailering them down the road is worse than the beating they take running down the lake some days. If this was the case then wouldn't the manufacturers recommend not flush mounting them. My console unit has been flush mounted for 4 years with no issue. The only reason I remove the others is so they don't get hit by rocks or debris.
    That's exactly why I remove mine that's not flush mounted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12