mikesxpress

Pamunkey River for the new state record archery blue catfish.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    I guess there is no option for catch and release for this fish.

3. Member
    why is there a record for game fish to be shot with a bow? no way to release, imagine how many bass could be shot trying to get that record.

4. mikesxpress
    Dustin regulations are in place that cover the archery fishing. The folks that expend the time and $ to outfit for bow fishing know the rules and shooting with the aide of lights at night in shallow water allows for positive identification of the targets. A bass looks nothing like there targeted species.

In Virginia, regulations allow the taking of common carp, grass carp, snakehead, and gar with a bow, day or night. Catfish and bowfin can be taken by bow in tidal waters below fall lines. The creel limits for blue catfish are generous, considering their invasive status.

5. Member
    three guys in a boat at night. They haven't pulled back the string in 20 minutes and there is a seven-pound bass. You really think they Arnt going to shoot it??? i shouldn't have to wonder. there is no law enforcement on most waterways and definitely none at night. there is no doubt in my mind if the bow hunter guys shoot bass.. they don't care about anything other than shooting and killing. There is no conservation. No holding back. Just a blood sport and nobody is monitoring it.

The bow hunters have totally destroyed areas of the Rappahannock.

6. mikesxpress

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post