Demand Linear with a hand throttle

2020 Mercury Pro XS 4 Stroke motor (2B691381)on a Z519 Ranger - I don't have a foot throttle, just the Merc hand throttle. I run a 23 Fury 3 and a 22 Fury 3 that was true pitched. I can get to 6000 rpm's with the 22 but the best I've seen with the 23 is about 5750-5800 depending on the temps. I'm wondering if I have a demand linear issue and if that is possible with a hand throttle.

I picked up 350 rpm's with the true pitch but didn't pickup any speed. I had the 23 on this weekend and got the boat to 65 at 5600 rpm (it was 90 with high humidity). My info on the boat is in my signature. Just curious if this thing needs to go to the dealer.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

2. mikesxpress
    Hand throttle or hot foot doesn't matter. Demand linear still set the same. Go over to the Ranger board and guys with the same rig/engine can give you there numbers/propping.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Still should be checked- BUT if you are using a MERCURY Shift/Throttle control, with Gen-2 Platinum Cables, it's very unusual to find one that doesn't reach 100% (the throttle throw in the control exceeds the travel length of the demand sensor/sweep).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    What kind of top end speeds are you seeing? I have same setup and very frustrated with mine! Thanks