Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you have an older rig, just ensure your fuel lines have been updated to ethanol resistant. This was the fuel line on my 2007 after running ethanol fuel through it for a couple of years.

Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

2. Member
    If you have an older rig, just ensure your fuel lines have been updated to ethanol resistant. This was the fuel line on my 2007 after running ethanol fuel through it for a couple of years.

Is it a Mercury?

edit...Sorry, just saw the answer at bottom of the picture.

Most of the liner separations were in Mercury factory fuel lines.

Factory Yamaha and Evinrude lines rarely had the separation problem with ethanol fuels.

3. Member
    There are no ethanol free gas stations near me here.

Quote Originally Posted by plki View Post
    10% ethanol in all gas here in California
    Click the pure gas link, there are some non ethanol stations out there.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

Currently in Canada, read and was told that 91 octane at the pump of Shell & Esso IS ethanol free. Is this true?
    2023 BassCat Sabre FTD
    2023 175 Pro XS

6. Member
    Yes, no ethanol in Shell 91 octane- Esso, I don't know.

7. Member
    I have a 1996 Evinrude 60hp 2-stroke. Non ethanol readily available and that is all I have used for many years. I just had the motor in for routine maintenance and tech said said motor looks brand new. I curse the execs who killed Omc with FICHT way back in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by drainplug View Post
    Currently in Canada, read and was told that 91 octane at the pump of Shell & Esso IS ethanol free. Is this true?
    https://www.pure-gas.org/
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

9. Member
    I’ve given up on trying to find non ethanol. It it what it is, modern boats are equipped to run 10% ethanol. The closest place I know that has it, I’ve never seen anybody get it, and have had 3 friends that had to drain their gas tanks after using it. I’ve heard ethanol burns cleaner too (probably not necessarily a good thing with 2 strokes).

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    I’ve given up on trying to find non ethanol. It it what it is, modern boats are equipped to run 10% ethanol. The closest place I know that has it, I’ve never seen anybody get it, and have had 3 friends that had to drain their gas tanks after using it. I’ve heard ethanol burns cleaner too (probably not necessarily a good thing with 2 strokes).
    It's a NON-issue IF you use a fuel/water separator (just in case) and treat the gas before storage or drain/run it to empty and fill it with corn free to the rim before storage.....same for mowers, weedeaters, generators, etc. If you let it set up with corn gas in the tank you're asking for issues....don't ask me how I know...
    😉

And don't use those older gray Mercury fuel lines as illustrated above.....

11. Member
    Got me thinking, just replaced our mower, after 26 years of use. Still working/running well when we gave it away. Used regular 10% ethanol gas and only added storage additive at the end of the year. Smaller gas tank probably doesn’t absorb enough moisture to matter. Fuel/water separator seems standard these days, but I’d definitely be adding one if your boat doesn’t have one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12