Pellet Grill Operation

My family all pitched in and purchased me a my first pellet grill! I've had some issues with it, but believe I have most of it figured out. The directions and manual is weak at best.

My question for you guys is, for other brands or models, do you have to turn a timer on to have the grill run? This applies to both the smoke setting and temperature. I can't seem to just turn it on 250 and let it go.

The new toy is a Smoke Hollow 30" Pellet grill

I've never heard of the Smoke Hollow brand but with most, the procedure is to first set the temp, then set a smoke level, then usually something like a start button and it should start the firing procedure. Once temp is up to the set level, start cooking.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

3. Member
    I've messed around with it more and it appears when it is in the "smoke" setting, it does not hold the temp I dictate. It appears to just be a cold smoke feature essentially.

The directions do state, if you want to cook something for 10 hours smoking should 20% of the cook time, which is added onto the cook time... so in total it will be 12 hours. Not sure if that makes sense, but I find it to be very awkward.

I have reached out to customer service, maybe I'll know more soon.