Bible actually says about abortion

Here is the ignorance of secular folks when it comes to scripture, they are looking for the actual wording on whatever they are trying to justify against what Christians, that includes Catholics, say against their sinful lifestyles. Here is what they are trying to distort about abortion, and it is from ' a university professor of biblical studies', ' Some Christians have cited the Bible to argue why this decision should either be celebrated or lamented. But here’s the problem: This 2,000-year-old text says nothing about abortion.' ........the Bible was written in a world in which abortion was practiced and viewed with nuance. Yet the Hebrew and Greek equivalents of the word “abortion” do not appear in either the Old or New Testament of the Bible. That is, the topic simply is not directly mentioned.
    What this so called professor seems to omit is what God says about those that 'sacrificed their children to Molech', which was a way of disposing of unwanted children, especially girls.
    Leviticus 20:1-5 NIV
    ‘Any Israelite or any foreigner residing in Israel who sacrifices any of his children to Molek is to be put to death. The members of the community are to stone him.3 I myself will set my face against him and will cut him off from his people; for by sacrificing his children to Molek, he has defiled my sanctuary and profaned my holy name.
    4 If the members of the community close their eyes when that man sacrifices one of his children to Molek and if they fail to put him to death,
    5 I myself will set my face against him and his family and will cut them off from their people together with all who follow him in prostituting themselves to Molek.

Though God does not mention the actual word, He is very clear on 2 fronts, idolatry and the willful disposal and murder of newborns and children. Please, if you think that I am misunderstanding this passage, I would greatly appreciate your spiritual guidance, and I apologize to anyone that may find this discussion offensive.

Thank you and may the Spirit emanating from the Father and the Son be with y'all.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Here is the ignorance of secular folks when it comes to scripture, they are looking for the actual wording on whatever they are trying to justify against what Christians, that includes Catholics, say against their sinful lifestyles. Here is what they are trying to distort about abortion, and it is from ' a university professor of biblical studies', ' Some Christians have cited the Bible to argue why this decision should either be celebrated or lamented. But here’s the problem: This 2,000-year-old text says nothing about abortion.' ........the Bible was written in a world in which abortion was practiced and viewed with nuance. Yet the Hebrew and Greek equivalents of the word “abortion” do not appear in either the Old or New Testament of the Bible. That is, the topic simply is not directly mentioned.
    What this so called professor seems to omit is what God says about those that 'sacrificed their children to Molech', which was a way of disposing of unwanted children, especially girls.
    ‘Any Israelite or any foreigner residing in Israel who sacrifices any of his children to Molek is to be put to death. The members of the community are to stone him.3 I myself will set my face against him and will cut him off from his people; for by sacrificing his children to Molek, he has defiled my sanctuary and profaned my holy name.
    4 If the members of the community close their eyes when that man sacrifices one of his children to Molek and if they fail to put him to death,
    5 I myself will set my face against him and his family and will cut them off from their people together with all who follow him in prostituting themselves to Molek.

Though God does not mention the actual word, He is very clear on 2 fronts, idolatry and the willful disposal and murder of newborns and children. Please, if you think that I am misunderstanding this passage, I would greatly appreciate your spiritual guidance, and I apologize to anyone that may find this discussion offensive.

Thank you and may the Spirit emanating from the Father and the Son be with y'all.

Lev 26:29 talks about eating your kids you into that?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    My old professor Dr. Brown used to tell us to always read 20 verses before and 20 verses after to get the full meaning of a verse.

Might want to do that to really get the gist of that verse. Maybe go back a chapter or two even.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
    My old professor Dr. Brown used to tell us to always read 20 verses before and 20 verses after to get the full meaning of a verse.

Might want to do that to really get the gist of that verse. Maybe go back a chapter or two even.
    Wayne,
    Thank you for your usual informative and intelligent reply.

5. Member
    Wayne,
    Thank you for your usual informative and intelligent reply.
    I agree 100%.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

I think there is a theme in the world today that everyone is expected to not only say whatever you are doing is ok, but that God says it's ok. If you don't agree, then you are the bad guy! It exists for abortion, crime, eieio (and all the other letters of the alphabet), etc...
    That's what this professor is trying to do.
    I think it is safe to say that EVERYONE that is led by the Holy Spirit (and a lot that aren't) knows that abortion is killing a human (murder). It is a very basic discernment.
    For a lot of my life I have wondered how much more God would put up with us. I used to think that if we could turn this (abortion) around in any way that it would show God that we deserve more time in this age to improve (as a society). While my spirit jumped for joy at this recent decision, It is just a drop in the bucket and I think our time is short. But we can continue to fight the good fight and know that we will be with him forever after the evil stops! What a time that will be!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GPtimes2 View Post
    I think there is a theme in the world today that everyone is expected to not only say whatever you are doing is ok, but that God says it's ok. If you don't agree, then you are the bad guy! It exists for abortion, crime, eieio (and all the other letters of the alphabet), etc...
    That's what this professor is trying to do.
    I think it is safe to say that EVERYONE that is led by the Holy Spirit (and a lot that aren't) knows that abortion is killing a human (murder). It is a very basic discernment.
    For a lot of my life I have wondered how much more God would put up with us. I used to think that if we could turn this (abortion) around in any way that it would show God that we deserve more time in this age to improve (as a society). While my spirit jumped for joy at this recent decision, It is just a drop in the bucket and I think our time is short. But we can continue to fight the good fight and know that we will be with him forever after the evil stops! What a time that will be!
    Amen!

The fields are white unto harvest but the workers are few.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    RMP Engine Support

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    Leviticus 26:14-16 answers your question :)
    But if you do not obey Me, and do not observe all these commandments,15and if you despise My statutes, or if your soul abhors My judgments, so that you do not perform all My commandments, but break My covenant,16I also will do this to you:
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

9. Member
    Great subject for us to reinforce our knowledge. My favorite verse misused by pro death folks, but they don't realize it, is exodus 21:22. They miss verse 23 and the "life for life" part.

If men [d]fight, and hurt a woman with child, so that [e]she gives birth prematurely, yet no harm follows, he shall surely be punished accordingly as the woman’s husband imposes on him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. 23But if any harm follows, then you shall give life for life, 24eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GPtimes2 View Post
    I think there is a theme in the world today that everyone is expected to not only say whatever you are doing is ok, but that God says it's ok. If you don't agree, then you are the bad guy!
    I suppose you are referring to being politically correct, which I strongly believe against it, since Christ was very clear on matters of truth, so always remember what those before us had to endure, which is much more that harassments or trying to shut us up by crying prejudice or bigotry.

The real truth shall set you free, regardless of how challenging that truth may make your life with those of the world out there.

11. Member
    I suppose you are referring to being politically correct, which I strongly believe against it, since Christ was very clear on matters of truth, so always remember what those before us had to endure, which is much more that harassments or trying to shut us up by crying prejudice or bigotry.

The real truth shall set you free, regardless of how challenging that truth may make your life with those of the world out there.
    Amen! You will know the Truth and the Truth will set you free. John 8:32
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    RMP Engine Support

12. Member
    Context is very important, most can quote John 3:16 but cannot quote the verse before or after.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magfluker View Post
    Context is very important, most can quote John 3:16 but cannot quote the verse before or after.
    very good observation