Powerpole oil leak

Has any ever had a leak in the actual container that holds the oil mine look to be leaking in the seem of the oil reservoir, checked all fitting etc .
    2017 521c 2022 Mercury ProXS 250 4S

Yeah since day one mine leak. Figured it was normal.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Scraps
    I think it's just the fittings "weeping." The compression fittings on the PIIs were bad, but I still have the same issue on the upgraded hoses on the Blades.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    I think it's just the fittings "weeping." The compression fittings on the PIIs were bad, but I still have the same issue on the upgraded hoses on the Blades.
    Mine is definitely not the fittings I double checked either coming from seem on tank or from under the pump. I ordered a new tank and o ring hope it fixes problem

5. Member
    I am actually having the same problem. I finally need to add more fluid after around 7 years. Not a huge deal but it leaks on my onbourd charge..... not ideal.... What can you use other than getting the fluid direct from PP???

6. Member
    Power-Pole Green Marine iso32 1qt 100% bio Fluid on Amazon same stuff PP uses

Risen From The Ashes!!

7. mikesxpress
    Check your yellow reservoir caps for cracks. Folks overtightened these, crack them, and they leak.

Is the reservoir overfull? The same cap noted above are vented and contain a synthetic woven insert at the top. Overfull condition saturates the insert and fluid will leak down the side of the reservoir. Turkey baster to remove fluid to correct level and Dawn soap/hot water to clean the insert material (which can be removed from the cap).

DO NOT put that green bean fluid in there!

If you have the green bean fluid in there now it's a PIA to get it all purged out but worth it. The petroleum oil you don't have to fool with for 5+ years.

Plant snot:

8. Member
    It was the reservoir at the seem installed new good to go and my oil was good as new but put new in power pole sent a quart.
    Last edited by Bummer; 07-23-2022 at 06:54 PM.

Been lucky, mine has never leaked since day one. Gen.1

10. Member
    Replaced all my oil late last year with ISO 32 hydraulic oil. One of them sounded like it was grinding and after some research decided to take the pumps out and clean the screen on the bottom of the pump assembly. They work great now and don't see any leaks.........yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Check your yellow reservoir caps for cracks. Folks overtightened these, crack them, and they leak.

Is the reservoir overfull? The same cap noted above are vented and contain a synthetic woven insert at the top. Overfull condition saturates the insert and fluid will leak down the side of the reservoir. Turkey baster to remove fluid to correct level and Dawn soap/hot water to clean the insert material (which can be removed from the cap).

DO NOT put that green bean fluid in there!

If you have the green bean fluid in there now it's a PIA to get it all purged out but worth it. The petroleum oil you don't have to fool with for 5+ years.

Plant snot:
    Mine are mounted in such a way it's hard if not damn near impossible to see the "fill line". What is the proper level "from the cap"? I've basically been filling to the point where the opening flares from the main reservoir, but I'm really just guessing...

12. mikesxpress
    Best to get them out and use a Sharpie to mark the lines on the reservoir in such a way you can see them after reinstall.

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    While any ISO 32 fluid can be used we as well as Power Pole promotes the use of the Green Marine fluid in our Pumps.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 07-28-2022 at 01:54 PM.

I did the same as mike express did. Use a black sharpie on the raised max & min lines, wipe off excess and marks are very legible.

15. Member
    So I guess you do not like doing your part to protect the waters we fish in. The Green fluid is bio friendly. Yeah it costs more, if you are that concerned about the price you can by a different brand that is used in the food industry and meets the spec. Every little bit helps.

Fill the ress slightly below the opening thats where the line is.

Quote Originally Posted by rampaage View Post

Fill the ress slightly below the opening thats where the line is.
    Thanks

17. mikesxpress
    Your carrying 50 gallons of fuel, engine oil, & lower unit oil. All contained inside the boat. PP oil is no different. If you use the ISO 32 dino oil it doesn't snot up in 1-2 years and you can go 5 years+ between changes. The dino oil was the original oil specified by PP when they started and is still acceptable.