Will I make a mistake buying a Legend Alpha 199 in 2022?

Hi BBC,

I'm looking to purchasing a 2012 Alpha 199 with a Yamaha SHO (201 hrs). I've done my due digallane but came here hoping to hear any input good or bad.

-MB

2. Member
    I have a 2009 Alpha 199 with 225 Pro XS. I would not trade even for a 2022 boat of any brand.

i have a 13 and i also get a new demo boat every year from another manufacturer. that said, the only boat i would trade my 199 for is a 211.

4. Member
    A little more about my Alpha 199. First I believe that there are no bad bass boats being manufactured in the last 10-20 years. Back in the 70s and 80s, yes there was some questionable boats. Those manufacturers are no longer in business. With that in mind, here are my thoughts on the boat I have. My boat will rum somewhere around 70 give or take. RARELY do I run that fast. Probably 40-50 mph is where I run it. However at 70mph GPS there is no chine walk in the hull and I have actually removed my hands from the steering wheel with no effect. Motor is a 2stroke 225 Pro XS with a 25" Fury all holes open, PTP 3 1/2". I weigh 225lbs, have a buddy @ 225 and another buddy around 270. All three of us can sit 3 across, full gas tank and normal water level in livewells I have no trouble getting out of the hole. 1' chop on water I can run as fast as I want, however usually 40-50 very smooth. I have lumbar fusions at L3/L4/L5 so a smooth as possible ride is important to me. In hard turns the boat does not slip or slide on the water. The hull bites so hard I have nearly thrown a passenger out messing with them. My boat is white and there is not a single stress crack.

5. Member
    If the boat is in good shape then what are the concerns over buying a legend vs any other brand 10yr old boat?
    I have heard miracle stories of Skeeter and Basscat helping people with 15yr+ old boats.. but I don't know that I would base my buying decision on those stories unless you have reputable dealer close by that you already have a good standing relationship with
    very few brands out there are still owned by the same people from 5yrs ago let alone 10+yrs
    The Legend is a good quality boat if you like it buy it and enjoy! chances are your going to have issues non hull related way before anything Legend related..

6. Member
    The actual boat itself is rarely the problem a few years down the road. Almost every manufacturer uses the same pieces like pumps, wiring, electronics, TMs, engines, gas tanks gauges, etc. Very little is manufacturer built specific outside of windshields, maybe and console trim pieces. You can find replacement parts for years along with upholstery and carpet. If it is a brand name, the least of any problems will be the boat itself.

7. Member
    Well I pulled the trigger IMG_0095.jpgIMG_0101.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hell yeah! That's a sweet looking rig
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

9. Member

10. Member
    Thanks guys! It sure scoots, and boy is that SHO quiet.

Congrats on the new (to you) boat. It looks great and I'll never get tired of looking at legend boats. I still think they are the best looking boats made.

Sharp looking rig...congrats....still loving my 08 199 Legend 225 proxs

13. Member
    Good lookin boat!!
    Congrats

14. Member
    Welcome to the family of Legends! Now that you have it, do you have any regrets?
    2011 Legend Alpha 211 DC
    250 Pro XS
    Solix 10 G2 MSI & Onix 10 NT
    Elite 9 Ti2 connected to
    Motorguide Xi5 105

15. Member
    Man I've been looking for a 199 with a SHO. That's a nice rig!

I am currently looking to buy this one but not sure if price is fair? I know how the market is as of late but just wanted Legend owners opinion.

2013 Legend Alpha 199
    $33,000 with electronics
    helix 12 gen one SI/DI on console
    Garmin 93 SV with live scope on bow
    Humminbird helix 10 G4N with mega 360 on bow
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 lb 24v 50 inch shaft
    225 Mercury Pro XS with newer lower unit

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rcraigrrt View Post
    Welcome to the family of Legends! Now that you have it, do you have any regrets?
    Absolutely not! It's perfect for how I fish. The real test will be late spring when the winds pick up and the water gets big.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kondan View Post
    Man I've been looking for a 199 with a SHO. That's a nice rig!

I am currently looking to buy this one but not sure if price is fair? I know how the market is as of late but just wanted Legend owners opinion.

2013 Legend Alpha 199
    $33,000 with electronics
    helix 12 gen one SI/DI on console
    Garmin 93 SV with live scope on bow
    Humminbird helix 10 G4N with mega 360 on bow
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 lb 24v 50 inch shaft
    225 Mercury Pro XS with newer lower unit

Location has a lot to do with pricing, and I'm in CA so I forked out a decent chunk for mine.
    The boat is spotless and has the SHO (170 hrs). It has power poles, HDS 8's and a fortrex. I had graphs I removed from my previous boat. I paid $33K.

Very nice Alpha!
    2015 Legend V20
    250 ProXS
    Lowrance HDSLIVE 12s/16
    BBC Member since 2003