Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Spool speed is a step below boca…and that’s really saying something

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    Spool speed is a step below boca…and that’s really saying something
    Not sure what your saying.. Boca not to good either?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by styler View Post
    Not sure what your saying.. Boca not to good either?
    I wouldn’t spend my money on them…

4. Member
    Ok I got the parts in today. An Elite Long cast spool and the Hedgehog Studio ZR spool bearings. I tested the bearings before install and I didn't think they spun very well compared to the ceramics. I went ahead and installed them and gave both a drop of Alchemy oil.
    Went fishing. I didn't see any advantage at all except the reel sounded like it should. Nice and smooth. So after the trip and thinking about it. I decided I may have over oiled the bearings. Took it back apart and flushed both bearings twice using non chlorinated Brake cleaner. Blew them out with canned air. Before flush, spinning them on a tapered fixture, they didn't even do a full revolution before stopping. After flush (no oil) they spun forever. This time I used just a super tiny drip of the oil. They still spun very free, so I reinstalled. Now the spool is free-er than ever and it just sounds right. Fishing in the morn. We'll see.

5. Member
    Well I can honestly say this reel is where it should be now. Casts much farther than it did factory. Not one backlash and I mean I slung a few of em too just to see. very very smooth and a pleasure to fish with now. Wish I had of went that route before wasting money on the speed spool bearings but live and learn right?

6. Member
    Not a bad $45 upgrade for the Tatula and Fuego CT reels. Turns them into a Tatula CT Elite Long Cast.

7. Member
    I’m probably going to grab a few long cast spools myself.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12