rotary evinrude?? who knew??

2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

2. Member
    I knew and so did the Evinrude Snowmobiles
    The racing outboards were 4 rotor engines. With 3 combustion chambers per rotor - you do the math. They kicked ass in the day.

If you really want to read up on the nitty gritty of the Wankel Rotary Evinrude and Johnson race engines, click on this link which has 32 pages containing over 400 posts:

https://www.screamandfly.com/showthr...The-Real-Story
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

4. Member
    neat !!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    MAGA

5. Banned
    Yes, and the really nasty part of this was they talked about taking this rotary motor and use the direct injection (DI) technology on it.

The issue with this rotary motors is the exhaust emissions, they are really nasty. The DI technology would have cleaned that up and they would have had a platform with just only limited by the emissions for the horse power.

The other side that made these a perfect platform for marine OB motors would be the RPM! These rotary motors ran extremely high rpm's.

That taken into a crank case to support the rotor for more rpm's than what they already used, the more precise reading of the rotor rpm and precise firing of DI injection, they could have had charge circuits that could have been perfect for all boats using no matter how many batteries and more than enough hp/weight ratio and with that rpm profile through a gearcase to a prop that would have made prop building a lot easier for holeshot and the desired usage at running speeds.

It would have been the perfect platform for OB technology, the emissions just was it's demise with our gov't expecting flowers and pure oxygen coming from the exhaust of every combustion motor. Heck the DI technology we still have is a good platform to get completely away from this nasty fuel that has ethanol in it, or whatever else the government dreams up next. We can go to diesel with these motors with few minor changes in the overall scope of things.

OMC had several issues slowly sucking the life right out of anything they were ever going to build. The people that played politics for the wants and needs of the few and not the brand. They snaked themselves right into places of power and the rest is history in the making.

Then the quality of the products, and that was greatly influenced by those same political people and who's buddy they wanted to build what parts. Didn't make any difference if those people could build anything either or if they even had a place to build anything. Just think about that a little.

They were all about the few not the product they were building. This is just another prime issue of the demise of any company here in America guys. Heck me personally think all our politicians are doing the same thing with our country, just on a much bigger scale and all of us pickup the tab for this$

Now they have really amazing electrical technology out there, cars that have 300 mile range and other specific uses that are only limited by the batteries.

The big issues with all this they are not bringing to the attention of the public is first how fast they basically cannot charge said batteries! Then the more really important issue is our electrical grid.

Heck our electrical grid can't support what we need it for now. We go and add in the mass stations to charge all these electrical vehicles, bigger equipment and even boats, well you guys that can count and figure the least of things, you can see where everything is going.

There are really good people that can figure things to make and how, to all hit the wall at wfo. You guys really don't want to ask me what I really think either lol. First off, I don't take enough drugs to sit here and type that, another, it would not be politically correct or of good clean language and I drink to much coffee and other things with caffeine that Jack's me up lol...

I need to apologize for this is a touch'y/Feely subject that I have had both my hands on and could help the many products but could do nothing to correct all the bad politicians involved.

-----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

7. Member
    https://issuu.com/search?q=liquidnirvana

Another good site from Liquid Nirvana. This gentleman sourced brochures, technical presentations, owner's guide etc from all around the world.

8. Member
    jeb H gone?? new and seemed to have knowledge on rudes?
    MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    jeb H gone?? new and seemed to have knowledge on rudes?
    Not sure why but I really enjoyed reading his post on the rotary outboard. Too many good people like him got banned.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

10. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    There are reasons in this world for everything.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    There are reasons in this world for everything.
    remember him from another site told me how to mod my lower to keep the ficht from cooking the prop hubs.. same prop lasted 15 rs no issues after the mod!
    MAGA

12. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    This is the same guy years back that recommended 6 cans of engine tuner to decarb an engine......I lost respect then even tho I know he knew a lot about E/J engines....