Hows the fishing currently at Lake of the Ozarks

Coming from Colorado Saturday and plan to fish a bit in the mornings. Temps look kinda brutal so doubt the evenings will be bearable for fishing.

We'll be in Gladstone/Mill Creek area if that helps.

What kinda lures should I bring? Was thinking topwater, senkos, few cranks, chatterbaits?

Considered pulling the boat out one day and fishing below the dam for cats and other fish but I don't see much info on it.

Thanks for any help. Feel free to DM if that works better for ya. If anybody will be in the area and wants a boat ride for 4 or so hours you are welcome to jump in.

2. Member
    Here is a current YouTube video report from Jim Dill who's a LOZ guide.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NattyLite View Post
    Here is a current YouTube video report from Jim Dill who's a LOZ guide.

Thanks a ton! Haven't finished it yet but great stuff so far. Hope it isn't 95++++ everyday

4. Member
    I’m headed that way tomorrow, gonna be rough heat wise. Looking at 105 on Saturday, yuck! Even then as long as my nephews catch a few gills or channel cats I’ll call it a success

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by evilcatfish View Post
    I’m headed that way tomorrow, gonna be rough heat wise. Looking at 105 on Saturday, yuck! Even then as long as my nephews catch a few gills or channel cats I’ll call it a success
    Ya not sure what I was thinking planning this trip. Kids in school and we did the mountain last year with my Mom.

We have a few indoor things picked out.
    What area are you staying in? Cats sounds more fun than bass to me.

6. Member
    Near Linn creek. Caught several channel cats on chicken livers this evening. Will see how the bass are feeling in the morning

7. Member
    Been here a week, staying near the 8MM. Heat has been a beast, but fishing has been serviceable mornings and evenings. Good size cats biting on hot dogs, beef sticks, and pork chops… even fishing from the dock. Kids are catching a ton of bluegills and sunnies on worms. Bass have been following just about everything I’ve thrown - skirted creature jigs, topwater frogs, spinners, naked keitechs, twister jigs, drop shots - but just don’t seem interested in biting at all.

Going to try night fishing for walleye and bass over the weekend.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by psygnal11 View Post
    Been here a week, staying near the 8MM. Heat has been a beast, but fishing has been serviceable mornings and evenings. Good size cats biting on hot dogs, beef sticks, and pork chops… even fishing from the dock. Kids are catching a ton of bluegills and sunnies on worms. Bass have been following just about everything I’ve thrown - skirted creature jigs, topwater frogs, spinners, naked keitechs, twister jigs, drop shots - but just don’t seem interested in biting at all.

Going to try night fishing for walleye and bass over the weekend.
    Right on, I like cats especially when they are big. Try some live bluegill or cut gills for them?

Monday looks like a fishy day. We are staying two ish miles back from the main lake towards gravois.

In KS now; 97 and 25 mph south wind.