Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Great bait, but it’s a tool just like every other bait and it’s made to work best in certain circumstances. The HH is a grass crankbait and in my opinion (and experience) it is the best one I’ve ever thrown. I got my hands on a couple late last Fall and by that time most of our grass was already dead, so I really just started playing around with them this Spring and they WORK!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    It looks like they just knocked off the 6th sense version

They didn't knock it off. They licensed it from the original manufacturer.

https://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_art...ter-strategies

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amistad Tackle View Post
    And I might add that the lip design for all three baits may have been around before the Strike Pro Bubba. I seem to remember Rapala having a lip like that back in the day, for a shallow running Shad Rap. In any case Castledine is the one who figured out how to use the "Bubba" to great effect on Rayburn.
    Rapala still does.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkyarcher View Post
    They don't work, so you can send them to me and I will dispose of them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Amistad Tackle View Post
    No, it’s the other way around. 6th Sense knocked of the original Strike Pro “Bubba” (specifically the bill design) which became impossible to find. The Hybrid Hunter is just like the old “Bubba” and is a flatter sided bait than the 6th sense Swank. Strike King worked with Strike Pro, who used to sponsor Todd Castledine, to get the bait like the original. I have caught the snot out of them on both the 6th Sense Swank and the Hybrid Hunter. I was using the Swank before the hybrid hunter, because I couldn’t get any HH. The release of the HH was delayed for months because of the pandemic. The hybrid hunter hunts more on a fast retrieve than the Swank, but both catch fish. Both baits excel over the top of grass and catch a lot of high quality fish. Both have large rattles. For me cranking grass just under the surface is when I catch them the best on these baits, but Todd says the HH works in other situations. Get you some before they decide to stop making them.
    This ^^^
    Hanselman used the original also on Amistad.
    They work great when the top of hydrilla is at the right depth.

6. Member
    .......used it a few times, caught a couple on it - but it has to be one of the LOUDEST baits I've ever thrown!!
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

7. Member
    Ray Hanselman took 3rd place using it over grass at the Harris chain in March. I believe there were quite a few guys throwing it that placed well

Junk...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    Junk...
    not impressed with them either like the rapala skeeter or darter or whatever the name was I wasted money on a few yrs ago also
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

As stated earlier the HH really IS an excellent bait but it was NOT designed to be fished like a traditional crankbait and I really think that a lot of folks get disappointed when they buy one thinking that it is just another shallow crank that you throw at riprap or laydowns. It was designed to fish submergent grass and it is a VERY efficient and VERY effective bait for those specific conditions. I had a three week period in March and early April where I threw this bait in tournaments for 3 consecutive weekends and cashed checks with it each time. I like to fish it with a pull-crank retrieve similar to the way that a lot of folks fish a Wiggle Wart in the Ozarks in the cold water months…just remember to try and stay in contact with the bait as much as possible as you wind up the slack after a “pull” with the rod because they most often hit it on the pause and many times I simply see my line jump (like a jig bite) without feeling anything. It works GREAT any time the weeds are topping out 3-5’ from the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    As stated earlier the HH really IS an excellent bait but it was NOT designed to be fished like a traditional crankbait and I really think that a lot of folks get disappointed when they buy one thinking that it is just another shallow crank that you throw at riprap or laydowns. It was designed to fish submergent grass and it is a VERY efficient and VERY effective bait for those specific conditions. I had a three week period in March and early April where I threw this bait in tournaments for 3 consecutive weekends and cashed checks with it each time. I like to fish it with a pull-crank retrieve similar to the way that a lot of folks fish a Wiggle Wart in the Ozarks in the cold water months…just remember to try and stay in contact with the bait as much as possible as you wind up the slack after a “pull” with the rod because they most often hit it on the pause and many times I simply see my line jump (like a jig bite) without feeling anything. It works GREAT any time the weeds are topping out 3-5’ from the surface.

I didn't really care for it..Loud and blew out pretty quick , couldn't keep the speed up without it turning on it's side.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12