Thread: British Open

British Open

Fun to watch players tackle something different. 100 foot putts, putting from fairway through moguls, trap avoidance, people everywhere, no trees, brown grass, gorse, burns, roads and buildings in play, and the baddest bunkers on the planet.
    I miss Faldo announcing already. He is a class act and a trout fishermen apparently as Azinger gave him a box of hand tied trout flys from Montana as his retirement gift on TV Friday during their last telecast together.
    No extreme wind, rain or cold weather. This was a very benign week of weather for the players and crowds. I am sure they enjoyed it.

Players were fun to watch-bombing with drivers to avoid all the trouble rather than laying up with irons as in the past.
    A hard charger from behind won a major. Sitting on a lead is never good on a final day of a major. Someone will want it bad enough to go all out and actually do the impossible. Two Camerons did so. Smith is a cold blooded Billy the kid with a putter. Young is young and gained some valuable experience. We will see him again for many years I would think. And Rory was great right for three and a half rounds then he turned into a regular player and not a winner. Victor never got it started and certainly had to be disappointed.

Wife and I watched till 2 in the morning and began at 5 a.m. on the weekdays. Fun to watch it together for 4 days and then head to the course. We never do that except during the Open.

2. Member
    Majors shouldn't be won at that much under par, the course was too easy, i miss the days of seeing 2 or 3 under par win a major.