Is it worth buying a Metanium DC in 2022?

I’m looking for a new high end reel and was looking at the Metanium DC. It’s been awhile since they redid the reel. It came out I believe in 2016. So the question is should I hold out and wait for the new one to come out?

2. Member
    I would not get it and look at the latest Shimano Antares DC instead. Look at the JDM websites, where you can get them for a great price right now due to the strong dollar.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by freelancer27 View Post
    I would not get it and look at the latest Shimano Antares DC instead. Look at the JDM websites, where you can get them for a great price right now due to the strong dollar.
    I absolutely agree with Freelancer27! With the strong dollar the new 2021 Antares DC is the best casting reel bar none from Shimano for the price. This is a picture of my first one from last spring, along with the other new reels I got for fishing the 2021 season, I now own eight 2021 Antares DC reels and truly enjoy using them as well as all of my 2016 and 2012 Antares DC models too.

Pay no attention to the Daiwa 2018 Exist LT 2500-XH, "these are not the reels you are looking for!"

Good luck on your high-end reel search!

Please have a great day!

2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

4. Member
    For the price that you can get a Metanium DC right now it is absolutely worth it! I have the Antares DC and it's bulk and weight are unimpressive to me at that price point! It does cast amazing though.
    Troll lightly and carry a big flippin stick!!!