Livewell pump out problem z8 nitro

One of my 2011 Z8 nitro Live Well pumpout stopped working. No power to the pump and they are not hooked to fuse box. Did nitro put inline fuses on the pumpout?try

I would simply connect a different pumps wires that you know works to It and hit that switch to check the pump. If it doesn't work the pump burned up and no reason to looking into ghosts.

3. Member
    Not a Nitro owner but I would bet that there is an inline fuse (likely 4-5 amps) between the helm bys & the pumpout switch. Easy enough to troubleshoot with a dmm. Ensure power to helm then check fir 12v on backside contacts of pumpout switch. Two position rocker switch will have 3 contacts, ground, 12v in & 12v out.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

4. Member
    Pumps not the problem. No power to pump and also light does not come on when you depress the pump out switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fgfrost View Post
    Pumps not the problem. No power to pump and also light does not come on when you depress the pump out switch.
    Then I would swap the wires on that switch with the next switch to check the switch. Since that's the next easiest thing.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

6. Member
    Depending on the year/setup, try resetting the switch panel by pressing and holding the pump button for more than 7-10 seconds. Mine blinked, then reset when I had similar issue. Also, my Nitro had a "brain box" on the starboard side, rear locker, just behind the helm seat. It was hidden behind a panel. About the only thing you can do to that brain box is check for loose or corroded wires. Hope that helps.