Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

Use to like to watch fishing on tv

I use to love to watch Bassmasters on tv but since it seems most of the tourneys are now video fishing or ff it is not interesting anymore to me , maybe it is just me but just fishing open water doesn’t make for good tv. Yes quality fish but not worth the watch to me
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    Agree...guess they are Elite for a reason, but I feel as if I'm seeing a commercial for electronics/videos.

3. Member
    I can't watch them either. I don't have the electronics so I feel like I don't learn anything.
    John the Garage Doorman

4. Member
    Same. Its lame

Quote Originally Posted by twitch View Post
    I use to love to watch Bassmasters on tv but since it seems most of the tourneys are now video fishing or ff it is not interesting anymore to me , maybe it is just me but just fishing open water doesn’t make for good tv. Yes quality fish but not worth the watch to me

I disagree that all have been FFS events. I usually watch BASS Live and the TW Pro Circuit live coverage when I can. I catch a little of BPT live coverage but all year has not been FFS. It seems it's not been as big a deal as I figured it would be after last season.
    These northern Elite events are always like this. Granted FFS has played a lot more in this event but for years the live coverage of the northern events from all the trails are not as fun to me to watch. Great fishing no doubt just not good TV and never really has been.

6. Member
    Even as a die hard smallmouth guy I’ll be the first to tell you that these events just aren’t that cool to watch on TV
    2007 Ranger188vs, Mercury optimax 150

7. Member
    Fact is, it’s a dropshot fishery for the most part. Boring as boring gets. Big clear open water doesn’t lend to much more than FFS

8. Member
    I agree, the FFS tournaments are not nearly as interesting to watch. Now if they could get a live feed of the graph on the broadcast that would be a "game changer". Seeing in real time what the angler is seeing would be awesome.

9. Member
    It reminds me of fishing for walleye as those guys have relied heavily on electronics for ever. Its great for the guy behind the wheel. But can be very boring for the first mate.

10. Member
    SM drop shot fest --like watching paint dry !!! BORING !! Havnt watched this event at all .
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

11. Member
    It does seem most all tournaments are forward facing sonar. Yeah there are exceptions, but it’s becoming the norm. I’ll never in my lifetime be able to afford it, so yeah it does make it less enjoyable for me to watch.

If they could ever figure out how to get these guys FFS sonar screens to show up on the tv, then that would change everything. I would love to watch that.

12. Member
    Have to agree twitch, i've been trying to watch this morning but got tired of watching the guy's stare at their graphs.

13. Member
    Take the FFS off their boats up there, and the fishing will still look the same on tv. They will just be doing more blind casting.

Yeah, once DS season starts, it gets hard to watch. Oahe will be brutal. I remember last time they were there, split screen showing the backs of 4 guys fishing DS. To each his own.

15. Member
    Used to feel that pros excelled because of better understanding of fish behavior and ten times better casting ability than myself. Always amazed watching them cast at targets. Now watching them on tv is boring.

16. Member
    Right now Hack is just sideways flipping it out there with a spinning rod in what looks to be about 4-5ft of water if that... but he is in 10th

It's not just up north, it's pretty much all the tournmanents, lots of staring at screens. I do enjoy watching em fight 5+ lbers on light line, more exciting to me than winching in a fish in on 65 lb braid.

18. Member
    I have a horse in this race so I maintain interest as long as Mueller is in the hunt. If Paul is out of contention I generally don't follow any event. There are a few guys I root for and will check in under those circumstances but not like I am doing this tournament. One of my tournament partners was paired with Paul when he was still fishing the BASS federation 2 days in Ct. I have been a fan ever since and usually text with my buddy during the events he makes the top 10.

19. Member
    I’ll still watch every now and then but I agree it’s not as interesting. Deep water for us is 5 ft so I don’t have FFS nor could I afford one. So the current trend doesn’t apply here.

20. Member
    Gilmore Girls comes on in 15 min

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast