DeFuniak Springs Twin Lakes, King and Holly

The twin lakes, King and Holly outside DeFuniak Springs, FL used to be awesome bass fishing twenty years ago. Does anyone know if either or both lakes are still offering good bass fishing, or are they both pretty dead. Thanks so much.

2. Member
    I think they are all private now. You need to know someone to get in there now if I’m not mistaken. I’ve heard there’s good fish in them still though I just haven’t ever been able to get on them.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAbassin View Post
    I think they are all private now. You need to know someone to get in there now if I’m not mistaken. I’ve heard there’s good fish in them still though I just haven’t ever been able to get on them.
    What about Lake Juniper? Is it still publicly accessible?

4. Member
    King and Holley are private but you can fish them if you stay at a couple of the different RV parks on the lake, they also have rental cabins. Stayed there a couple years ago, fishing was alright but according to locals hasn't been very good since the glory days when the place was giving up teeners

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VictorM. View Post
    What about Lake Juniper? Is it still publicly accessible?
    It is. I haven’t fished there in several years though. It’s pretty stumpy and the water was very clear. I used to know a guy that lived on the lake and he would catch some good ones there.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLAbassin View Post
    It is. I haven’t fished there in several years though. It’s pretty stumpy and the water was very clear. I used to know a guy that lived on the lake and he would catch some good ones there.
    I fished it a lot back in the mid/late 90’s.. definitely had some better than average fish.. I fished a get together over there in 98 and one guy caught an 11 and a 13 that day..