Hook holes in vinyl seats - help repairing…

Just finishing up a full carpet replacement and starting to put things back in place. I knew I had some holes in one of my vinyl seats (middle seat in cockpit of my Triton TR186) and thought about trying to repair these but I cannot really find much on how to address these smaller holes. These holes came from a person laying his rods between the seats and all his hooks found their way inside the seat as you can see. Nothing is tearing currently but I am concerned that it could start and I’d like to make it look much better to match everything else.

the photo shows the top part of the seat at the bottom and the main butt side sideways at the top.

Anyone else ever fix these or have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

FC50AE30-7431-4F71-86F4-B34B02A3D96E.jpeg

DAMN !!! I should think the "Person" needs to step up and bare the cost of repair !!! Check with an Upholstery shop, there may be something that can be done short of replacing the panel. But, Id want a new panel.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    Wish I could have that person “step up” but he passed in February. He always took me out fishing and his boat was set where he put his rods in the center and he just did things very much the same regardless where he fished. Wish I could have him back for even one more trip.

As for the upholstery shop that’s what I was thinking too but wondered if others might know about how to do it themselves. Thanks for your feedback.

4. Member
    So it's kinda a Hokey way to fix but done right it lasts quite some time. Vinyl repair kits do work. You get a material medium, some dye, also different surface pattern form sheets. You mix and dye the medium, apply to a part of the damaged area, apply the surface pattern form sheet (so the vinyl surface pattern matches), and it either cures or you apply some heat. I don't remember. I used to use it when I first started sewing marine cushions as my Walking Foot Machine had the wrong Welting Foot for making turns or corners. My needle would run out, leave needle marks, I would use this stuff to repair. Never had a customer come back and complain. I would check the first jobs if the vessel was in for something else. I never saw it fail. If you go this route do not get in a rush, prep the area well, allow it to fully cure. Good Luck.

5. Member
    Thanks Rojoguio. I’ve seen several of these and some video where people didn’t take their time as you suggest. Based on your input I’m going to try this and do it in the least visible place. Any idea on the brand you might have used as there’s lots out there. Thanks again.

6. Member
    This is kinda the kit I was using but I don't think the same brand, definitely the same process. I just logged into the websites of my fabric suppliers and I do not see any available from them.

https://www.leathermagic.com/vinyl-repair-kit/

7. Member
    Thanks for your advice and the links above. Will try it out.

8. Member
    look up this video on youtube
    How To Repair The NASTIEST Leather & Vinyl Seats....Back To PERFECT!