New Daiwa Rebellion vs. Tatula Elite

Trying to make a decision between these two...have the Tatula Elite jerkbait rod and been very happy with it but looking at a new pitchin' rod purchase for Texas rigged soft plastics...have heard positive reviews of the 7'3"H Elite for this cuz of little bit softer of a tip (thinking pitchin vs flippin w/ jig) Any owners of newer Rebellions have any thoughts? Comparable at H or consider MH for those? Thanks for any input guys!

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

Bet you could call the Tackle Trap and these guys could give you first hand info,, they are Daiwa experts

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    Bet you could call the Tackle Trap and these guys could give you first hand info,, they are Daiwa experts
    This +1 ^ .....Never been disappointed in their advice!

4. Member
    Definitely call the TT. They know there stuff and stand behind what they sell. Pretty much the only place I buy Daiwa equipment.

Thanks for the recommendations guys! Both the Tatula Elite and Rebellion are really nice rod series. At its $200 price point, the Rebellion series is an outstanding value. There aren't many rods out there at that price with Fuji SiC inserts in the guides. The 7'3" Medium Heavy Rebellion is a great T-rig rod, and versatile in general. Unless you're fishing really heavy cover with really large t-rigs, this rod will get it done. I'd pick this rod over all of the Tatula Elite rods, with the exception of the TAEL701MMHXB-AGS. That "Finesse Jig/Worm" rod is an excellent T-rig rod, the best in the Tatula Elite series in my opinion. Those AGS guides make a significant difference in overall sensitivity.