STUPID Quemahoning Dam

20220610_100521.jpg

No the Que isn't stupid. However my tube was that day. Rigging a Stupid Tube is a great way to fish heavy grass. The Que affords you the opportunity to do just that. I strongly recommend that you use an angle eye on the tube jig. The gives the tube a better gliding action on the fall. In addition to grass the technique works great with rocks and trees. I find no difference in hook ups with the hidden hook using the Stupid Tube as opposed to the standard tube.

I pulled the above bass out of cover that was so thick I had to clear my trolling motor every 5 to 10 feet. Using the Stupid Tube is so much more superior than Texas Rig in heavy vegetation. I'll give you another hint it also is an outstanding performer at the Yough when you fishing a rocky bottom.

I had fun pulling several bass out of the heavy vegetation just opposite of the Fish Commission launch. For four hours I was never out of site of that ramp. I just worked the heavy vegetation in the shallow water along the bank. I pulled out 7 bass in those 4 hours.

If you have never fished the Que your missing another great lake. I will note this lakes prohibits any boat with gas tanks and motors. I have an old tin that I stripped both the motor and gas tanks.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

2. Member
    Que has some of the clearest water I've ever seen. I am an Erie rat, so I know clear water. Being able to see down 40 foot of water is interesting. Looks like it would be a good smallmouth lake.
    2018 Basscat Puma/ 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT178/ 30 Etec