I was robbed while away on vacation

I came home to find my 11 apples trees almost empty...damn little masked bandits almost cleaned me out. I lost the blooms on the plum trees, peach trees, and pear trees to the frost and now this. Might as well let the Japanese Beatles eat the leaves at this point.

2. Member
    Well that really sucks. It sounds like you need some Fishing therapy.

3. mikesxpress
    Boyce I attached 5 foot tall galvanized duct pipe around all my fruit & nut trees years ago and keep all surrounding trees cut back 20' from them to prevent squirrels jumping. Based on the size of the tree you may have to use 2. Coons and squirrels can't climb that slick surface. I have lots of slide marks where they tried. I get my fruit and pecans every year.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Boyce I attached 5 foot tall galvanized duct pipe around all my fruit & nut trees years ago and keep all surrounding trees cut back 20' from them to prevent squirrels jumping. Based on the size of the tree you may have to use 2. Coons and squirrels can't climb that slick surface. I have lots of slide marks where they tried. I get my fruit and pecans every year.
    Thats a great idea. Too late for my peaches but maybe I can save the apples! Thanks

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Thanks. They hit early this year. I ran electric fencing with the ribbon wire last year after they got to the pears and peaches.

6. mikesxpress
    Sheetrock screw attachment. You can see the sliding paw prints where they tried to get up.

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Must have been this gang!

RATS.jpg
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOW4UM View Post
    Must have been this gang!

RATS.jpg
    we actually have a gang like that. We have to pull our bird feeders in at night due to bears and other critters. Last year my wife did not remember until about 10:30 pm . She flipped on the lights as she walked out on the front porch. There were about 10 raccoons on the porch and about a dozen sets of eyes in the grass. Between that and a few very close interactions with bears. She does not like going outside at night anymore without a flashlight