Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I added the Mercury mobile VesselView. Easy to install and very accurate.
    Last edited by randy_almeida; 09-22-2022 at 04:57 AM.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

2. Member
    The mobile vessel view?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCC View Post
    The mobile vessel view?
    Yes the mobile VesselView.
    Randy Almeida
    2023 Caymas CX21
    Mercury Pro XS

4. Member
    I have the smartcraft gauge in addition but the fuel gauge part of it doesn't work correctly either. Maybe the fuel gauge problem for Caymas is something with the sending unit? It's frustrating. At least with the smartcraft gauge you can see how many gallons you have used which works fine as long as you always fill the tank completely and reset the smartcraft gauge at each fill up. We shouldn't be having all of these problems with the fuel gauge on such an expensive boat. I just ordered the vessel view today so hopefully that will take care of it.

5. Member
    I still wonder if the folks that installed the stand alone analog gage are getting good results…

6. Member
    Mine will stay on 100% for probably the first 10 gallons then will drop slowly to around 50% and once you get below that it starts dropping like a rock, I recently put 41 gallons in my boat and it was still reading around 40% I think so definitely not accurate but I’ve never had a boat that had an accurate fuel gauge mechanical or digital readout they seem to bounce all over the place so I’m not gonna worry about it. I always make sure it’s got gas in it

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael33 View Post
    Mine will stay on 100% for probably the first 10 gallons then will drop slowly to around 50% and once you get below that it starts dropping like a rock, I recently put 41 gallons in my boat and it was still reading around 40% I think so definitely not accurate but I’ve never had a boat that had an accurate fuel gauge mechanical or digital readout they seem to bounce all over the place so I’m not gonna worry about it. I always make sure it’s got gas in it
    Same here. It's because of the shape of the tank. The gauge reads the level of liquid on the sending unit, but not the level of fluid in the tank. This is due to the tank not being a rectangle. This is in the manual for the sending unit.

I'm happy with the results of my gauge install. I feel confident in the level versus the percentage that jumped around constantly.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeypro View Post
    Same here. It's because of the shape of the tank. The gauge reads the level of liquid on the sending unit, but not the level of fluid in the tank. This is due to the tank not being a rectangle. This is in the manual for the sending unit.

I'm happy with the results of my gauge install. I feel confident in the level versus the percentage that jumped around constantly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12