Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Rumors floating around that Minn Kota will announce their solution by September.
    ‘22 Ranger Z520R - Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird/Minn Kota One Boat Network

2. Member
    I was thinking about this thread as I re-installed my Ultrex trolling-motor from being fixed.
    Since it's been a month since I took it apart and the lockbar studs came loose and the
    shims and spring popped off. I got my Ultrex repair lesson today! (DAMN SPRING )
    But the A-personality took over and I got the latch right. Installed the rite_hite.
    Definitely a difference in the weight on deploy and stow. Used alot of loc-tite today.
    Just hoping that we get a good option in Sept. As of now I'm leaning towards the
    lift assit like Sirius installed. I don't know if I have enough loc-tite to take it apart again!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    Rumors floating around that Minn Kota will announce their solution by September.
    Minn Kira’s solution sounds like a real PITA. A whole new mount?

Guess I’ll just start eat my Wheaties again.

4. Member
    I'm really shocked it's this hard and complicated to get a stronger direct replacement gas piston. I've read this whole thread and seems the only solution is custom built dual piston setup??? I'll just struggle and pray I don't go overboard when my cable snaps!! LOL
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Rich View Post
    I'm betting their solution is an entirely new motor

There have been photos of a new Minn Kota motor being tested
    "The handicapped angler"

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    I'm betting their solution is an entirely new motor

There have been photos of a new Minn Kota motor being tested
    Link?

There was a couple of photos posted here in another thread

Can't find it now but maybe some else can remember what thread
    "The handicapped angler"

Update for the gas spring source EasyLift (Bansbach) I got today. The latest spec file I got from them has a cylinder that is 6mm to large in diameter and 35mm too long==will not fit in the space.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Update for the gas spring source EasyLift (Bansbach) I got today. The latest spec file I got from them has a cylinder that is 6mm to large in diameter and 35mm too long==will not fit in the space.
    Appreciate the update and info! Hopefully you can solve this issue and find a direct replacement. Thank you.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Ditto.....efforts are MUCH appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickstanislaus View Post
    Appreciate the update and info! Hopefully you can solve this issue and find a direct replacement. Thank you.
    I am not going to pursue this anymore. It looks like it would take a custom build to achieve the results and would take a high volume order to make the mfg effort worth it as stated in post #80.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Member
    Bummer. I thought you were onto something. Sorry for the bad direction on my part.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Batfish View Post
    Bummer. I thought you were onto something. Sorry for the bad direction on my part.
    I did find a piston that is only slightly longer in 1250 N from gasspringshop. I am considering drilling new holes for the attachment pin and giving it a whirl.

14. Member
    Good luck Steve. What ever happened with Hanil Precision? Didn’t you try them initially?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Batfish View Post
    Good luck Steve. What ever happened with Hanil Precision? Didn’t you try them initially?
    Not sure if you are referring to me or not (I’m not Steve, lol). But I reached out to Hanil with not reply.

16. Member
    Well I guess let’s hope minn kota will take of it. Fingers crossed.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    Not sure if you are referring to me or not (I’m not Steve, lol). But I reached out to Hanil with not reply.
    Lol, I was just talking to my cousin Steve when I wrote that. Sorry about that. Mike right? I’m Bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickstanislaus View Post
    Well I guess let’s hope minn kota will take of it. Fingers crossed.
    MK & HB- Johnson Outdoors-- should have had a handle on this 4 or 5 years ago. They knew which direction their market was headed. They continued down the dead end road selling attachments for the Ultrex without an option to upgrade the lift assist. Now they are at the point of failure taking another attachment to market-- Target Lock. I suggest their proposed solution will be 4 years late to the market, poorly designed and over priced. They were to focused on catching Garmin and Lowrance and failed at that.

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by electritek View Post
    MK & HB- Johnson Outdoors-- should have had a handle on this 4 or 5 years ago. They knew which direction their market was headed. They continued down the dead end road selling attachments for the Ultrex without an option to upgrade the lift assist. Now they are at the point of failure taking another attachment to market-- Target Lock. I suggest their proposed solution will be 4 years late to the market, poorly designed and over priced. They were to focused on catching Garmin and Lowrance and failed at that.
    They probably need to hire new innovators to help out. There is a reason why cables always break. Bad thing is now with all the added weight when they do break it’s gonna be worse. It’s a simple Fix on their part but a nightmare for the average guy.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by electritek View Post
    Catching Garmin and Lowrance? I don’t have the numbers, but I see very few GARMIN OR LOWRANCE motors on boats. May be different a couple hundred miles north. The only item I see that might still be slightly better is the Live sonar which is rapidly loosing its advantage. I seriously doubt anybody imagined just a few years ago how many accessories would be piled on one trolling motor. If anything is at fault it’s the number of products HB is putting out that everyone wants all of them at once. Same goes for the number of graphs on one boat. Who would have imagined 5 or 6 on one boat! Batteries and communication demands are still catching up. I think the market is outrunning every possible forcast and they can’t get enough people working to catch up. Don’t care who has the keys. Seems to me any supply advantage by other companies is because of less demand. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast