Thread: Tin no more

Tin no more

Guys on this page have seen me come and go since 2014 with my Ranger RT188 then 2020 with my Tracker 195 TXW. Well I didn't want to be carrying 12K worth of debt with our current economic climate so since the boat was paid off last September I sold her. Paid off my last debt (except living expenses of course) and bought a used Cobra cash. Boat was well cared for, a little oxidation but no flake showing, carpet still very good for 27 years and solid floors and transom. Owner had new seats installed. Got some 9" Garmin Echo's on the way for front and helm, new Fortrex(what I could pay cash for), motormate, Keel guard, Noco Genius Pro 10X3 and paint for the cowl. All in a tad over 12K. Now I may need a loan to feed that carbed Johnson gas and oil but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Nice talking with you guys and getting help when needed. I'll still drop in just because this group seems more connected than others. Good night and God Bless.
    1995 Viper 201D
    1995 Johnson Venom 200
    Gas mileage is for sissies

Thanks for the contributions you have made to the forum. Even though you are “just some guy” (pun intended) I always read and appreciated your posts.
    BTW: Congratulations on being debt free. Even if you only have 2 nickels in your pocket at the end of the day, they are both yours.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    Congrats on the financial freedom and the new ride.

I hope your changes work for you. When I lived in Little Rock, I had a buddy with a Cobra and spent a good deal of time in it. They made a very good solid boat. Sounds like it has some nice accessories added as well. Good luck and thanks for your past contributions.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA